Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Question Converting projects with graphics to the kindle: or "Qtkindle, I do what now?"

QtKindle port of GPL Backgammon
(Yes, I know it's gpl'd, we just want to play backgammon right?)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitel https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=39
[Re Backgammon port...]
Interesting, thanks. [About Gnu Backgammon]
I thought about porting other board games to Kindle, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to do that. BTW I don't know how to play backgammon However, if someone can tune this backgammon project (which uses QT) to include proper graphics, layout and keyboard control on a PC, I can help compile it for qtKindle.
Hey all,
I have it compiled with Qt on Linux from source.

Setting about the required modifications:

Would like some tips on a) adding the required bits and bobs
(I'm talking about adding keyboard support and any graphics bits, the server configuration bit I will worry about later)

b) getting it running with qtkindle. How to include the right libs?

Is it a case of x-compiling with the right Libs reffed?
If so, which ones and where.
I can't seem to get my head around reffing the existing qtkindle libs: libQtGui.so.4, libQtCore.so.4, etc.. please help this total noober.

Many many thanks

Bit of history and current status:

Pulled down Qindle from Git and dug around in there.

I have the pre-compiled QtKindle Libs/plugins/share on the kindle

Worst case I'll just side-by-side one of the included Qindle projects that DOES run on a kindle but any pointers would REALLY speed the job up.

Not even sure of the overall process I am attempting to complete.
Other than get compiled code from here to there...
If I could get some pointers on x-compiling using the qtlibs I think I can manage it.

Dug around for docs on it but only managed 5 threads on here and one doc in Asian script in the source (That I have posted a rough translation of for the next hapless European reader)

Cheers, Thanks again.

Last edited by twobob; 08-03-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: bit more clearerer
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I also grabbed a copy of k3chess-read-only That I am perusing.

Followed https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Tools_Index#Development for more specific links.

Followed https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=85
for QEMU-1.1.1

Followed https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=68 for Installing 2012.03-57 32bit Linux binaries

Downloads from http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/KeK/

Am reading https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=73 for info about how knc1 did the static build for TCC in case those details end up being relevant.

Last edited by twobob; 08-02-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added current reading and past works to get to here.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
twobob

ensured x-compiler is doing the biz.

Checked I am configged to run via which
Code:
twobob@dev /usr/local/bin $ which arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as

/opt/arm-2012.03/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as
reffed http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li...arm-toolchain/ for further thoughts on linking short names. (mainly ignored but read it anyway)

Linked the bins to Eclipse via Install Software from http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/updates
(The GNU ARM Eclipse Plug-in is an Eclipse CDT Manged Build Extension)

Instructions (for mac but still good) are here http://rohitdureja.wordpress.com/201...mac-os-x-10-7/

(also here is an interesting read: http://deneb.homedns.org/things/?p=113 )

Caveat!!! Eclipse CDT 8.0 is REQUIRED for gnu x-tools seemingly. (That's Juno, Indigo I think... to we plebs) Grab it from Kek or Original software site.

Create the right project type (check the docs but in essence something c++ with make)

Create make targets

Open up the "Make Targets View" in Eclipse ("Window/Show View/Make Targets" — in my setup this is on the right part of the Eclipse window), click right-mouse on the project's name and add two new "Targets":

Target Name: qmake
Make Target: myQtProj.pro (change it to your needs)
Build Command: qmake (un-flag and change this option)

Target Name: all
Make Target: all
Build Command: default (make)

Last edited by twobob; 08-02-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added xtra link
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
twobob

Linked qt4 up to Eclipse using this reference:

http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.p...t4_in_10_steps

Setup Eclipse for use with Qt

Set the right path to reach qmake and assistant. To do so click on "Run/External Tools/External Tools configuration" menu and create 2 new "Programs":

Name: QMake

Name: QtAssistant

Create the right file-type associations to handle Qt Designer and Linguist files. To do so click "Window/Preferences/General/Editors/File Associations" and add file extensions for .ui and .ts files:

*.ui -> designer (It's QT4 Designer, under external on my system)
*.ts -> linguist (same taxonomy)

Note: this setup has to be done only the first time you use Eclipse.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
twobob

Building (qmake then make all) get's me...

Description Resource Path Location Type
impossible constraint in 'asm' Backgammon line 132, external location: /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qatomic_i386.h C/C++ Problem

So time to switch to the qtKindle version I suppose.

*Sees large approaching brick wall*

Last edited by twobob; 08-02-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: elided some cruft
Old 08-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
twobob

hmm. well that's not right.

As expected I need to use the ktkindle libraries rather than the /usr/share/at4blah ones

Code:
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_WEBKIT -DQT_KEYPAD_NAVIGATION -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o Backgammon.o Backgammon.cpp
cc1plus: warning: include location "/usr/include/qt4/QtCore" is unsafe for cross-compilation [-Wpoison-system-directories]
Any clues using Eclipse?

Clearly the -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. wants to be something more like -I /awesome/qtkindle -lqtkindle or something...

Thanks. I only have the compiled version.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3 (broken), Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Fire, Kindle 4 Black
Hi twobob, I sent you a private message with more info.
Vitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
twobob

Looks like I need to focus down the hard work in the native version and then simply link against a x-compiled version of qt4.

Next up. X-compiling qt4. err or linking against the compiled one. *head spin*

Last edited by twobob; 08-02-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Tags
development, kindle3, qindle, qt4, qtkindle