Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
AnnaM
Enthusiast
AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Unbroken Hearts Available on Kindle

Western romance for 99 cents

http://www.amazon.com/Unbroken-Hearts/dp/B0017I7XY0/
AnnaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
AnnaM
Enthusiast
AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

News

Friends

I'm a guest blogger at romancejunkies.com/rjblog/ today.

They use Wordpress software for their blog, and something is messed up as the formatting was stripped from my post, and the admin tried to fix it, but it is still a bit whacked. It must be Murphy's law of trying to promote my book.

Anyhoo, it's the story of how I came to write my first book -- my brain had to go somewhere far away and long ago while I was riding that #!?& bike to lose all the weight.

Anna
Old 09-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Romance Junkies Admin hasn't fixed the formatting errors, but the correct post is on my author page here:

http://www.amazon.com/$seoName/e/B002IYSC6U/
Old 09-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaM View Post
Romance Junkies Admin hasn't fixed the formatting errors, but the correct post is on my author page here:

Welcome to MR, AnnaM. Sorry for the problems on the formatting errors..

Your link doesn't seem to go through for me.. I don't have a Kindle (you may have noted that this is an international forum and not everyone has Kindles), but I did want to read about your book.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Here is is as a hot link:

ttp://www.amazon.com/$seoName/e/B002IYSC6U/

Last edited by AnnaM; 09-25-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Let's try that again:

Old 11-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
AnnaM
Enthusiast

"Hearts" series profits go to American Heart Association

I am donating 100% of my (author) 2009 profits from Kindle sales of Unbroken Hearts and Untamed Hearts to the American Heart Association.

As the holiday season approaches, I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my family's good fortune than by sharing all the love that flows from Cal and Sarah, Roy and Margaret, "and Emily and Luke (coming soon).

This is also my way of thanking readers, who took a chance on a new author, as I hope some benefit may someday come back to them or a loved one when it is needed. Truly, what goes around comes around: My own daughter suffered a stroke this past year, and the years of medical research funded by AHA were a blessing to our family, as she has fully recovered and is thriving today.

Love to all,

Anna M.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Anna, what a nice way to celebrate your family's good fortune.

Have you looked into smashwords.com in order to offer your work in more formats? We are an international forum of many devices and your work would be available to a wider audience.

Many of our author/members have their work on smashwords and those of us without Kindles may purchase their work to read on our devices.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #9
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Smashwords, etc.

dreams,

I had the book on Smashwords for a long time (over a year), but it sold only one copy the entire time it was available on that platform.

Meanwhile I sold hundreds on Kindle, and I made edits to the book. Converting and and uploading for multiple platforms was a big hassle.
So, I made a business decision to remove the book from Smashwords, where I was doing work for no return.

Kindle is THE platform, as books sell very well there, and now almost everyone can read a book from Kindle (the new Kindle for PC software makes the books accessible to nearly everyone). As an independent author, who has no marketing or administrative support team (and must choose to leverage time to best advantage), I find that "Kindle-only" is the best strategy.

Again, this was a business decision based on return on my investment; I may revisit it in the future, and everything could change if my work is ever accepted by a larger publisher.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Final total for AHA

I ended 2009 with $670.89 in royalties from sales on Amazon Kindle (448 books sold in December!), and the money has been sent off to American Heart Association. Thanks for helping to contribute through your purchases.

You can read more about the AHA contribution and my background on my Amazon author page at:

http://www.amazon.com/Anna-Murray/e/B002IYSC6U/
Old 01-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Pricing

The price will continue at 99 cents for a limited time.

Amazon has just announced a new royalty policy, to be effective late June, which provides incentive to increase the price on this book.

While I like keeping a low price (even though I make very little money) the new program would require me to sell 6 copies at the 99 cent price to equal the royalty given for a single sale at $2.99.

This industry is changing at break-neck speed!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Price change

Unbroken Hearts is now 1.99 for a limited time.

The book has been #1 on the hourly Western category charts since the holidays, and it has good reviews.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:20 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaM View Post
Unbroken Hearts is now 1.99 for a limited time.

The book has been #1 on the hourly Western category charts since the holidays, and it has good reviews.
I have downloaded a sample... I does sound good...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #14
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
You haven't published it on Smashwords? There I can get the REAL price... Amazon charges an extra $2 for people not in America... and those dollars won't go to you...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
AnnaM
Enthusiast

Price change and most recent review

To take advantage of the 70% royalty on Kindle store I had to raise the price to 2.99.

The book has received a number of reviews since I last posted here. Most recent review on Amazon, from a reader in Seattle:

(5 stars) A Real Page Turner - Incredibly Low Price - Worth Every Penny, June 23, 2010
By thepaintedpony (Seattle) - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Unbroken Hearts (Kindle Edition)

A real page turner - I couldn't put it down! I loved this book! There are a load of interesting characters in their own right - the conniving and land stealing Dullen, the easily bought and deceitful sheriff Aiken, and the delightful but silent mama (and more!). But, most importantly there's sweet, level-headed and responsible older sister Sarah who's always worried about taking care of others (and she happens to be beautiful); her little sister, Emily - a fiesty, lovable, and yet handful of uncontainable joy and fun; Roy, the observer, jokester and likeable brother; and Cal a seemingly brooding, responsible and hard-working rancher who's heart has been broken too many times. Mix them all together and blend - and you've got the perfect western cocktail. A delightful read. One of my favorite quotes in the book, little Emily asks, "What's a gelding?" And, as the men-folk hem and haw how to explain it to her, finally a brooding Cal says "Uh... it's a gentler stallion", and Emily's delightful reply was "OH! I understand... like you and Mr. Roy!" Classic! I loved it!... a great read for a way-to-low price. This book was worth every penny and more! Anna - thanks for a GREAT story - I can't wait to read more. KUDOS to the author!