Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile ROGUE WAVE - Danger and romance in Hawaii!

I don't know how it is in your area, but I look out my window right now and it's pretty awful.....so why not escape to the shores of Oahu
ROGUE WAVE was just released in paperback (paperback! e-gads! ), but fear not, Smashwords will satisfy all your e-reader needs.

ROGUE WAVE - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5401

U.S. Geological Survey expert, Nick McCord cannot account for the destructive waves assaulting the Windward coast of Oahu. The only viable culprit is the new housing development, Manale Palms and its attractive contractor, Briana Holt.

Try as he might to find blame with Briana and her site, the truth remains a mystery as yet another threatening wave attacks the coast. Now allies, Nick and Briana narrow in on the source of these anomalies and find themselves in a struggle to save the island coast and their very lives.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-14-2010 at 06:32 AM.
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks, Maureen... I've put your book in my basket, and will read it as soon as possible... L o n g TBR list...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sometimes I don't know which I'll get through first. My TBR list or the laundry!

Thanks lene!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I now have it on my kindle, but it doesn't come up with the name, rather a tmp+a string of letters/numbers... It does take me to the book, though...

When I attach my kindle to the computer the title is there... Why doesn't the title come up on my reader?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #5
MaMiller
Author

He Lene,

I'm sorry. No one has reported any issues with it, but let me go look at it.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
lene1949
Wizard

Hi Maureen...

This comes up as the title of the book:

tmp_2d694aba57ce55310106a1cc2866f5b8_9hWsiB.fixed. tidied

I just needed to go into Calibre/metadata to rename the title... Everything is good

Edit: That didn't work... so, I converted from Mobi to Mobi, after I downloaded the cover... This time the cover was there, but the title still said the same... Next I deleted the book from the kindle and sent it again from Calibre... This time it worked.

I haven't played around a lot with Calibre, so this gave me a bit of practise... I'm happy..

Last edited by lene1949; 02-24-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
MaMiller
Author

Well, Miss Lene, I'll let you in on a little secret. "tmp_2d694aba57ce55310106a1cc2866f5b8_9hWsiB.fixed " was actually the working title to the book, but I ended up shortening it to Rogue Wave because it was a little easier to pronounce.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #8
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMiller View Post
Well, Miss Lene, I'll let you in on a little secret. "tmp_2d694aba57ce55310106a1cc2866f5b8_9hWsiB.fixed " was actually the working title to the book, but I ended up shortening it to Rogue Wave because it was a little easier to pronounce.
That's what I thought...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
MaMiller
Author

I feel so bad that ROGUE WAVE is out now. I wrote that years ago, and now, given today's news.... ROGUE WAVE is not dramatic and no one is ever in any true danger. May everyone be safe today.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
MaMiller
Author

It's been awhile. It's time for a little Rogue Wave sampling.... And a Happy Easter to all!

ROGUE WAVE - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5401

Jaded, he continued. “That’s just great, Briana. Be a martyr. You think because you die in a tragedy related to your job you’re going to be praised by your peers? Death doesn’t make you a hero, life and doing that job the best you can does.”

He could boost her ego and point out that she had done excellent work, and had probably saved her site with the solidly structured seawall, but he wasn’t going to.

“I know.” He said. “For two days I was dead, and the papers applauded my achievements. I was eulogized and proclaimed one of the best in my field—”

Nick’s voice drew Briana’s gaze when initially she had turned away from the verbal assault. She searched his face and asked softly, “What happened in Sacred Falls?”

Nick winced, but did not speak.

Pain pounded Nick’s head and took a trek down the right side of his body. He was paralyzed, consciousness as elusive as the gulp of water he prayed for.
In the last moments of lucidity, Nick was aware of her presence. The scent of jasmine filled the damp ravine. Her fragrance. He called out, but the hollow sound echoed back at him with a mocking timbre.

Then, for just a moment he felt a shadow fall across his battered body. He forced his eyes open. She was there, and she smiled, a divine goddess offering him a glimpse of salvation.
But she walked away.

"I came back to life and now I wasn’t a hero anymore. I was just a geologist who wanted to be left alone to do what he could to protect the land he loves.”
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard

Still on my TBR list...
Old 04-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
MaMiller
Author

I see it, Lene. It's on top of the 8th pile.

Aren't you glad you've gone digital!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
MaMiller
Author

For the month of July ROGUE WAVE is FREE with coupon code SWS50

Yep...Free
Old 07-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Title edited to reflect promotion with code.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
MaMiller
Author

Thank you ever so kindly, Dr. Drib--sir, for giving my thread a spunky new title!!
And thank you to the readers for making this July a great one by downloading your free copies of ROGUE WAVE!

Tags
galleon, hawaii, kindle, nook, romance