Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
oorwullie
oorwullie doesn't litteroorwullie doesn't litteroorwullie doesn't litter

Device: acer all in one,acer a500 nexus7 palm tungsten kindlekb
broken??

i installed the 1.6 software and now it will not go past the cybook/gen3 screen,is there a way to format memory and start again as the computer does not recognize the reader till it passes that screen....bill
oorwullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Ye could ask Toni or PC Murdoch, Wullie, an' even Pa micht knaw or yin o' the twins, but mebee better tae hang on fae an expurrt frae here, ken. Guid luck. Hopp it wurks oot. Slainte. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
oorwullie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Ye could ask Toni or PC Murdoch, Wullie, an' even Pa micht knaw or yin o' the twins, but mebee better tae hang on fae an expurrt frae here, ken. Guid luck. Hopp it wurks oot. Slainte. Neil
aye even horace wid be nae help here!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by oorwullie View Post
i installed the 1.6 software and now it will not go past the cybook/gen3 screen,is there a way to format memory and start again as the computer does not recognize the reader till it passes that screen....bill
och mon if tha canna git computer to see reader, tha canna - re-format ! ?

best chance is to try reloading the firmware ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Write tae the Sunday Post, Oor Wullie. Yin o' their braw and top-tech readers (even if nae Horace hi'self) will ken whit yer aifter an' cry ye richt back. Slainte. Neil
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
oorwullie

still cannot get reader to work, i will try and install new firmware but all attempts have failed so far.just received a new kindle3 yesterday and i am having problems with it not connecting to my wifi, it seems that amazon did not activate the unit before delivery. i have to wait an hour and try again.
will not be asking horace for help again,even ma and pa broon were nae help......
Old 09-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr

Dinnae fash yersen, Wullie. A' will be weel. Kindle's no ma favourite, but drap me a wee line aff list an' a'll pit ye in touch wi' some pals whae'll help. They dinnea chairge tae boot. Hoots toots, braw bricht moonlicht nicht, an a' that. Slaine. Neil
Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
oorwullie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Dinnae fash yersen, Wullie. A' will be weel. Kindle's no ma favourite, but drap me a wee line aff list an' a'll pit ye in touch wi' some pals whae'll help. They dinnea chairge tae boot. Hoots toots, braw bricht moonlicht nicht, an a' that. Slaine. Neil
@neil...thanks.i think i need to give the cybook the glasgow kiss to get it working..on the kindle side i cannot get it to connect to my wifi and spent over 2hours with kindle support but still could not connect,i`ve sent a copy the call logs that the kindle made and they said that they would get in touch with me they found out what i was doing wrong...thanks to everybody for your help.............bill
Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr

Weeel ... jings, crivvens and help ma boab! Seems an affy state o' affairs this. Muckle guid luck tae ye. Let us know how ye gang alang wi' it, Wullie. Slainte. Neil