Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Alex start a Jetbook Forum?
Yes, C'mon Alex!! 90 79.65%
No 14 12.39%
I'd like to follow the results 9 7.96%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #151
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Guys the first reviews out would discourage everyone, and the screen is terrible. How can you buy something like this in 2012, for 400 (sorry, I meant 500!) bucks?

At this point you should know that when a reader doesn't sell, it's developement is arrested. Why do you think this will sell enough?

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-26-2012 at 09:53 AM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:09 AM   #152
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Guys the first reviews out would discourage everyone, and the screen is terrible. How can you buy something like this in 2012, for 400 bucks?

At this point you should know that when a reader doesn't sell, it's developement is arrested. Why do you think this will sell enough?
Here is the top 10 (not listed in order of importance) as to why you'd want to buy this

1- Because it's e-ink, and thus reads better, and has long battery life (although lately cellphones and netbooks using regular TFT/LCD screens have used better power optimizations,and come close to a day of battery use).
2- Because it's color e-ink (a bonus upon regular e-ink).
3- Because price will lower over time
4- Because it's portable and sleek,stylish and modern, and a new gadget, that gets you instant friends and hopefully instant girlfriend(s) (and for some can be a tool to get instant money,cars,houses, boats, and space ships too)
5- Because you look smarter owning an ebook reader, than reading from a laptop.
6- Because it reads PDF, the world's largest library next to .txt files (thus,easy to download and use, especially when having an SD card)
7- Because it can do so much more than just reading books
8- Because it has a resolution that can actually make A4/lettertype sized papers readable.
9- because you want to invest in a developing market (the more investors, the more likely that the product will increase in performance, and decrease in price).
10- Because there are 10 top reasons in a top 10, not 9!

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-26-2012 at 04:14 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #153
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Guys the first reviews out would discourage everyone, and the screen is terrible. How can you buy something like this in 2012, for 400 bucks?
Being an "early adopter" for new technology is always going to cost you big money for a mediocre product. That's the price you pay for being an early adopter.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #154
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
1) There are far better e-ink devices for reading: with FAR better readability, and cheaper.
2) Colors are very very poor. The huge price and darker screen are a too big turn-downs for these colors.
3) We'll talk about it when the price will be down. At present it's 500 bucks.
4) People searching for gadgets will buy iThings instead. People searching for school/work tools, will be disappointed for the unripe firmware and old design.
I do not know where do you live, luckily I do not know girls who fall in love for guys who own tablets.
5) You look smart...What? Lol can't you be serious?
6) Every 9,7" e-paper reads pdf. And the ebook standard is epub.
7) Like every old 9,7" out there
8) It's resolution is wasted 'cause of the color layer, and the gray of the screen makes it unuseful
9) I like to invest in INNOVATION, here there's no trace of innovation. Do not see a single innovation other than poor colors here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
1- Because it's e-ink, and thus reads better, and has long battery life (although lately cellphones and netbooks using regular TFT/LCD screens have used better power optimizations,and come close to a day of battery use).
2- Because it's color e-ink (a bonus upon regular e-ink).
3- Because price will lower over time
4- Because it's portable and sleek,stylish and modern, and a new gadget, that gets you instant friends and hopefully instant girlfriend(s) (and for some can be a tool to get instant money,cars,houses, boats, and space ships too)
5- Because you look smarter owning an ebook reader, than reading from a laptop.
6- Because it reads PDF, the world's largest library next to .txt files (thus,easy to download and use, especially when having an SD card)
7- Because it can do so much more than just reading books
8- Because it has a resolution that can actually make A4/lettertype sized papers readable.
9- because you want to invest in a developing market (the more investors, the more likely that the product will increase in performance, and decrease in price).
10- Because there are 10 top reasons in a top 10, not 9!
Harry: companies selling these devices in 2012 can't rely on early adopters, to mantain their business. In 2012 even the early adopters have higher expectations from ereaders.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-26-2012 at 10:24 AM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #155
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sure that the colors will see optimization, by using more oversaturated colors in the future, to compensate for the grayed out colors of today (at the cost of a bit of a lower bit depth (256 colors or so, or with the use of dirthering); but that needs considerable amounts of research, research which has not been established yet, and needs finances to do that.
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #156
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm sure that the colors will see optimization, by using more oversaturated colors in the future, to compensate for the grayed out colors of today (at the cost of a bit of a lower bit depth (256 colors or so, or with the use of dirthering); but that needs considerable amounts of research, research which has not been established yet, and needs finances to do that.
From what the advocates of this this device are saying do you know what looks beter for this device, better than for any other device?

Aswer: the future!
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #157
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I wish I could give you negative karma, because your comments are not even funny...
You spread all your poison around here,and are even laughing with it!

From what I see you only want 2 things:
1- To hear people say you're right,
2- To bash any product out there and to impress on others that you have intellect (which you don't really seem to have).
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #158
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Do not shot the messenger if you do not like the message
Do no take my comments personal.
You are off topic. Comment on the device please.

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 02-29-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #159
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I would vote "yes", specially after the JBC appeared

Ooops, I see that everyone is discussing JBC here. My nickel here: if it cost 300 bucks, it could be a bomb on the market, but for half a thousand, a customer votes for iPads (this insight I hear practically every day from real cusomers).

Last edited by Yar-PocketBooker; 03-17-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #160
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I would vote "yes", specially after the JBC appeared

Ooops, I see that everyone is discussing JBC here. My nickel here: if it cost 300 bucks, it could be a bomb on the market, but for half a thousand, a customer votes for iPads (this insight I hear practically every day from real cusomers).
well guess what
It costs 500$ and it is a bomb in the pocket not on the market