Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome Marvin e-book app to our forums!

Heads up, everyone! It's with great pleasure that we announce our latest addition to the forums: Marvin. Marvin is a new sophisticated e-book reader app for iOS, boasting a staggering complement of built-in features that is guaranteed to induce uncontrollable drooling in every e-book junkie.

We also like to officially welcome kguil, the developer of Marvin. kguil has certainly been busy over the past couple of months, and he is currently working on releasing an iPhone-supporting update that should make e-book reading with Marvin even more satisfying.

Finally, a big thanks to GRiker who is not only responsible for bringing a native calibre driver to Marvin, but who also volunteered to help us moderate the new section.

Link to the Marvin forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	110067   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	110068   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	110069   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	110070   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	110071   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	110072   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	110073   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	110074   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	110075   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	110076   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	110079   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	110080  
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Congrats Marvin, congrats kguil!

TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Congrats, Kris, and thanks to mobileread.com... a worthy decision for a wonderful application and a dedicated developer.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
fireland
fireland began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3, iPad mini, iPhone 4S
Thumbs up

So glad to see the new dedicated forum!
fireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oooh, nice one! Well deserved!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
This is awesome! However, I can't find the dedicated forum using Tapatalk. It should be under E-Book Software, right? It's not listed there for me. Calibre, Sigil, EPUBReader, Writer2ePub, Reading and Management, and OpenInkpot are listed. If I logout the Marvin forum is there and OpenInkpot is gone. But as soon as I login the Marvin forum is gone and OpenInkpot is back. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jbaby, I couldn't replicate it on my Android device (see screenshot when I am logged in). Sounds like it's related to your specific version of Tapatalk. Tapatalk is notorious for introducing new and old bugs along with new features in every new version.

I assume you're using the iOS version. Is there a way to clear the app's cache perhaps?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-02-07-31-37.png
Views:	890
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	110328  
Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I assume you're using the iOS version. Is there a way to clear the app's cache perhaps?
Uninstalling and reinstalling will certainly achieve that. I agree that this looks like a caching issue.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Make sure you're not using the beta. I know there were a lot of issues with it. You might try clearing the cache before a reinstall.

Otherwise it's showing up on my Windows Phone, so I know it's not MR.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #10
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Thanks everyone! I should've said I was using Tapatalk 2 on iOS. Sorry about that. Clearing the cache fixed it. Sorry for the late reply. I expected to be notified when someone replied. It works that way with other forums I belong to. Thanks again for the help!!!
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
Thanks everyone! I should've said I was using Tapatalk 2 on iOS. Sorry about that. Clearing the cache fixed it. Sorry for the late reply. I expected to be notified when someone replied. It works that way with other forums I belong to. Thanks again for the help!!!
Being notified by email is a configurable option on this site. Click the User CP at the top to see all sorts of configuration options.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

What's missing is PUSH notification. We have decided to disable PUSH to Tapatalk due to the incompetency of the Tapatalk guys to release a server-friendly solution. At one point, everything came to an halt, even for non-Tapatalk users, when we had PUSH enabled.