Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
alex_edge
Edge User

non-responsive eInk?

This morning I grabbed the latest of one of the magazines I subscribe to (Foreign Affairs, in case you're wondering). I downloaded it through caliber and then saved it to My Dropbox, and then I added it to the Library on my Pocket Edge. It opened in the reader, but it wouldn't let me scroll past page 4. Nor would it let me access the menu, close the file, or use any of the internal links (the internal links work just fine on The Economist, for example). I rebooted the PE, but that didn't fix it.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I have plenty of storage space and memory available, so I don't think it's that I've overtaxed the system. The magazine is in PDF format, so nothing screwy there. It's quite annoying! I was looking forward to reading that this morning.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

First, you may want to recalibrate the eInk side (Tech Support wil likely ask you to do that anyway). Also, try another EPUB that you know previously worked to see if it's not a file-specific problem (the file may be crashing/hanging the eInk software). Also see if the Journal works and allows you to write notes.

If the eInk still doesn't respond after that, then it sounds like a hardware failure, at which point you should contact www.entourageedge.com/support to arrange an RMA.

Last edited by borisb; 02-22-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
alex_edge
Edge User

I rebooted one more time, recalibrated the ink side, and opened the novel I've been reading. That works fine, so I opened a PDF I'd been reading yesterday with no trouble, and it works fine. I downloaded the digital edition of the magazine directly from the website (rather than through caliber) and that also works fine. So I've concluded that there was something problematic with the pdf I grabbed through caliber. What a relief! I would have been very sad to have to be without my PE for any length of time. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Glad to hear it I just remembered now that sometime last Fall when I got my PE and was transferring my ebooks to it that a couple of public domain ebooks would freeze the Reader. It was just these two, the rest were all fine.