Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
boating
boating has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boating has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boating has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone
Hey, I know I'm pretty new to the forums, but I'm excited for the games!
boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #47
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Great idea, congratulation for having this contest! It's nice to "hunt down" the clues. It resembles hidden object games. I hope I'll be able to find the rest of the letters as easily as these two. Good luck to all the participants!!
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #48
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Nice idea, thanks!
It would have been great too if there was a price for the first person to guess the book title, with only one guess by poster.

Anyway, I'm still wondering about who shall be the first to guess to book title? And after how many letters?
I guess somebody with good memory, lots of reading already behind him, and sufficient computer skills to run wildcards search.
I'm sure gonna try, even I'm I sometimes have trouble remembering the titles of the books that I read last month

Last edited by Faenad; 12-01-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #49
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
Gads...that took some digging. Very subtle clue, mate!
- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I hope when someone does know the answer they won't broadcast it here. they will give others a chance to figure it out on their own.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #51
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I hope when someone does know the answer they won't broadcast it here. they will give others a chance to figure it out on their own.

BOb
Perhaps we should open a separate "guess about the title" thread with spoiler warning. What would the moderators think about that?
As the letter are not in order, It would be mostly random guessing anyway till late in the game (at which point I guess the thread could be closed).

Last edited by Faenad; 12-01-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #52
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Ummmm....I know we are a free-giving community, but I really think that would spoil the whole point of the contest. Just because one person doesn't care if he wins or not doesn't mean he should post the anwer and spoil the odds for the rest of the people who did the work.

I like that this contest is a little more involved than "post a comment and you're in!" It makes for better odds...and I REALLY would like to win that reader!

- Jim
Old 12-02-2009, 12:33 AM   #53
boating
boating has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boating has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boating has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
I REALLY would like to win that reader!

- Jim
Me too!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #54
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Wildcard search of book titles. Sounds like a fun evening...we should have enough letters by this weekend to run it too. Yay projects.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 AM   #55
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
MOBILEREAD WINTER CONTEST DAY 3: HINT

Welcome to day 3 of our winter contest. Good News first: The next letter can easily and quickly be found if you read my post carefully. Bad news is: We won't give any more Commentary on where to find it exactly. Have fun!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #56
boating

good thing I'm up doing homework / finding letters! got it!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:21 AM   #57
macr0t0r
Connoisseur

Bwah ha ha ha! They're getting better! So much for searching for the term "3rd Letter." Besides, the clue is much more useful than any Google-fu for today.

- Jim
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 AM   #58
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
You know, there just aren't very many 11 letter book titles.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #59
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
You know, there just aren't very many 11 letter book titles.
Sounds like I'm not the only one who has a guess already then. I'm probably wrong, but we'll see as the days go on.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 AM   #60
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Welcome to day 3 of our winter contest. Good News first: The next letter can easily and quickly be found if you read my post carefully. Bad news is: We won't give any more Commentary on where to find it exactly. Have fun!
Got it! Nice hint btw.

Tags
contest, pocketebook, winter