Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #121
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
What I dont understand HOW they can close an account & NOT allow the people to at least get their ebooks,etc. Or compensate them in somw way for Legalyy purchased content. Seems to me THEY are the ones Stealing! Stealing IS against the law. Not like they dont have a list of what the ebooks have cost the person.
The nominal reason is that if the account is abusing Amazon, Amazon will not give that account access to it's services, period.

Not all together unreasonable. It would be silly of them to say "you're scamming us, so we'll just let you profit from all the scamming you've done thus far, and let it go at that."

The problem, obviously, is when, 1, someone is falsely accused, or innocently caught up in the wrong doing of another, or, 2, when the 'infraction' is so slight (too many changes of address?) that denying access to their stuff seems patently unreasonable.

ApK
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #122
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
So, it's not a problem with your main account and it doesn't appear to be a problem with your closed account. I would assume its either a problem with your sellers account or a mis-linked account. Because of privacy issues, they won't tell you what happened in the linked account. Therefore, you need to communicate from the original closed account to continue the conversation.

I would start by using your sellers account and seeing if it is the source of the ban. Communicate with them about why that account is closed. See if you get the same 'linked account' and privacy response. If so, the problem is some third party account and you can continue from there.
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #123
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm scared and frustrated too. Someone hold me.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #124
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
That seems to be the issue in a nutshell.
This nutshell is too small for me: there is automatic flagging, and the OP is considered a "victim" exactly why? Because he is posting on Mobileread? Or feeling frustrated?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #125
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
People who have had their accounts hacked have been given a gift certificate large enough to cover their books, MP3s, and other digital media that they had in their account. This allows them to repurchase their goods if they want.

I back up all of my books so that if something happens to my account I will still have access to my books. Also anything on your Kindle stays on your Kindle. So if you have books on your Kindle you will still have access to those books. I believe that there is a way to save the books that are on your Kindle to your computer but someone who has done it before will have to walk you through that process.

So if my account were to be locked, I would probably save the money and buy all new books and not worry about replacing my old books since I already have them saved.
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #126
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have been told that even tho my Kindle eBooks are on an microSDCard they still wont play. Can some of you techy tell me if I can still play them on my Tablet IF my account is closed?

Last edited by Barbara1955; 02-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #127
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
This nutshell is too small for me: there is automatic flagging, and the OP is considered a "victim" exactly why? Because he is posting on Mobileread? Or feeling frustrated?
The nutshell has nothing to do with the OP specificly. We don't know if he's a crook trying to plant hints of innocence, or a victim. And we're unlikely to ever know for sure. But even if we assume he's a victim, Amazons policies in these situations seem to leave him little recourse...unless all of the many people with similar stories are all lying. That's what's in that nutshell.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #128
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I have been told that even tho my Kindle eBooks are on an microSDCard they still wont play. Can some of you techy tell me if I can still play them on my Tablet IF my account is closed?
Have you removed the DRM? With the DRM intact they'll only work on the device/app they were originally downloaded for.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #129
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't even chase down these stories anymore. The last five I've run down have been legit. Especially when we're clearly not getting the full story and the several inconsistencies in the story of the OP brought up.. and the several more inconsistencies that he'll likely continue to generate.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #130
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcard View Post
. The last five I've run down have been legit.
You mean legit complaints from customers or legit action by Amazon?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #131
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Have you removed the DRM? With the DRM intact they'll only work on the device/app they were originally downloaded for.
No I too stupid to remove DRM. I downloaded every thing folks on here tell me to & they dont want to work together to remove DRM after Months of headaches I gave up!
So if the only way to Backup eBooks is to remove DRM them people like me are SOL.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #132
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You mean legit complaints from customers or legit action by Amazon?
Legit action by amazon. I know, small sample size and all, and all I've done is ask people I know at AMZN to possibly revisit things, and in every case I've heard about.. people I know and trust.. have come back and said "Fraud."

Not saying this guy's doing that, but .. companies don't just shut down their customers for no reason, and this guy's statement has already been very inconsistent.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #133
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
late to this thread but this happened to a guy on blu-ray.com AZ closed his account and long story short he did not tell us all he was making way too many returns over small stuff like a slip cover got dented or a case got cracked.. So they terminated his account.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #134
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
The nutshell has nothing to do with the OP specificly. We don't know if he's a crook trying to plant hints of innocence, or a victim. And we're unlikely to ever know for sure. But even if we assume he's a victim, Amazons policies in these situations seem to leave him little recourse...unless all of the many people with similar stories are all lying. That's what's in that nutshell.

How can you talk about "these situations" when you don't know the situation?
Okay, it is down to: Amazon or the OP. Choosing between my past experience with Amazon as buyer and seller and an inconsistent story of an unknown person - you can guess where my sympathies are ...
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #135
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
late to this thread but this happened to a guy on blu-ray.com AZ closed his account and long story short he did not tell us all he was making way too many returns over small stuff like a slip cover got dented or a case got cracked.. So they terminated his account.
So you're saying that it's ok for Amazon to terminate someone's account and lock them out of all their legitimately-purchased digital content because they asked for their mail-order goods to be delivered in undamaged condition once too often?
Closed Thread