Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
oren
oren began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Hebrew .epub works well on iPhone but doesn't load on iPad

Hi,
I used sigil for a Hebrew eBook on .epub format.
It works great on iPhone w/ "ibooks" app. on "Stanza" app the text aligned wrong.
But the main issue is that the file doesn't load on iPads at all.
Anyone had similar problem maybe? know how to solve it?

Secondly - Is there a way to eliminate some chosen chapters of the "contents" but still have them appear when turning pages?

Thanks
Oren
oren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren View Post
Hi,
sorry, i don't know as well... better ask in a "i"-forum
Quote:
Secondly - Is there a way to eliminate some chosen chapters of the "contents" but still have them appear when turning pages?
Oren
That's easy. Hit the "Generate toc from headings button", a new window "heading selector" should appear. On then right, you should see a column "include" with checkboxed. Uncheck all chapters, you don't want to see in the toc, press "ok", done.

If you dont see the column i mentioned above, you'll have to scroll to the right until you see it.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
oren

Thanks
One other question - Is there a way to set the default opening page to be other than the first one?
Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
One other question - Is there a way to set the default opening page to be other than the first one?
afaik no
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The default page is the first page in the book. So, that is not possible I am afraid.

The iBooks program on the iPad works differently and has many issues as you can read all around here. Try to open the ePUB in the Coolreader app or another ePUB app and see if it opens.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
oren

Quote:
as you can read all around here
Can you kindly refer me to one of those? I must find a solution I will try another app just to be sure.

I checked now to see if it works on Android but it seems like there are some problems there as well...
I would love to read some threads regarding these issues.

Thank you very muc
Oren
Old 02-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Hi,
It works great on iPhone w/ "ibooks" app. on "Stanza" app the text aligned wrong.
But the main issue is that the file doesn't load on iPads at all.
Anyone had similar problem maybe? know how to solve it?
There might be a problem with the encoding of your ePub. Some time ago I created a Hebrew test epub using the Zephaniah 3:8 pangram. This ePub displays fine in Sigil and the Stanza desktop app, but not in ADE.
If my test ePub displays fine with your iPhone/iPad apps, you might have to add language and/or direction attributes to your ePub.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Ivrit_SILEOT.epub (61.5 KB, 639 views)

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote