Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
sandritta
sandritta began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Calibre say itunes is not installed

So, I've got a new PC this week and installed all the programms again, including itunes and Calibre. It started with calibre not detecting my ipad, so I searched through this forum. I checked the plug-in, that was okay and enabled. And then I did the debug device detection as recommended. And that's what I got:

calibre, version 0.8.35
ERROR: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>UserFeedback</b>: ITUNES._launch_iTunes(): unable to find installed iTunes

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\device_debug.py" , line 41, in debug
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\__init__.py", line 106, in debug
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 179, in is_device_connected
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\interface.py", line 163, in is_usb_connected
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\interface.py", line 135, in is_usb_connected_windows
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 625, in can_handle_windows
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 2390, in _launch_iTunes
UserFeedback: ITUNES._launch_iTunes(): unable to find installed iTunes

I don't understand this because I have itunes installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes. Could that be the problem that it says the x86 at the end? Or is it the now 64bit OS? I don't get it.

Can you help?
Thanks so much.
sandritta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try reinstalling iTunes.

After reinstalling, follow the directions in the forum sticky to use the 'Connect to iTunes' method.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert