Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
cscannella
cscannella began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Send to Kindle question

I have two scheduled recipes that I run each morning. When I plug in my Kindle, the send-to-device automatically runs, but occasionally one of them will not update on the Kindle.

If I go to the Kindle and delete the prior day's content (eg, New York Times Top Stories, which is one of the recipes with this problem), and then do a send-to-device again, it works.

Is there a setting that I'm missing, something like "Don't overwrite"? I've checked here in the forums as well as in the Prefs in Calibre, but I don't see anything.

Thanks in advance...
cscannella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It shouldn't be overwriting in any case, as the date is art of the title of the book and hence the generated file name on the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
cscannella

So any idea why it won't update the kindle? Is there a log or something I can look at to see if something is failing?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

click the rotating spinner in the bottom right to see the job log.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
cscannella

I think maybe what's happening is that it's updating the NYT subscription on the kindle, but it doesn't change the date? I will check again tomorrow, but maybe that's it.

I have in calibre NYT dated today (2/15), and on the kindle it's dated 2/14, but the content itself seems to be current.
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What's the file name on the kindle?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
cscannella

/Volumes/Kindle/documents/News/New York Times Top Stories - calibre.mobi

Just to add more info -- it actually looks fine on the Kindle, has the current date and all the stories are up-to-date.

What was throwing me off is that in Calibre, it still has yesterday's date listed.

Last edited by cscannella; 02-16-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: add more info