Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #61
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Heck, I'd walk into the store for a free Nook HD+. I have one, but I would never turn up my nose in getting another. Especially at that price - FREE!
Not me.
I'd feel too guilty.
I picked up four of the eink Nooks at the Radio Shack clearance so I figured I exploited their incompetence enough.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #62
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Not me.
I'd feel too guilty.
I picked up four of the eink Nooks at the Radio Shack clearance so I figured I exploited their incompetence enough.
I don't understand how you could feel guilty. Their exploitation (by "customers") does not deserve to be any less than their incompetence...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #63
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I don't understand how you could feel guilty. Their exploitation (by "customers") does not deserve to be any less than their incompetence...
Sorry.
I'm just not much of an old testament kinda guy.
I wouldn't even wish what they richly deserve on the BPHs, no matter how many despicable clauses they hide in their jointly-drafted predatory contracts.
It's a slippery road: first you wish they get everything they deserve and before you know it you're publishing internet manifestos from a cabin in Montana. Best not to get started, even for an Onion article.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #64
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Best not to get started, even for an Onion article.

Hey, that's one of monkey's trusted news sources
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:31 PM   #65
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Hey, that's one of monkey's trusted news sources
I tend to rely more on the wit and wisdom of Clint Eastwood characters:

"A man has to know his limitations."

"We all got it coming."
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 11:49 PM   #66
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I wonder how long before someone prints out that onion article, carries it into the store, and "innocently" shows it to an employee just to observe the reaction.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #67
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Not me.
I'd feel too guilty.
What did Radio Shack charge you, fj?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #68
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
What did Radio Shack charge you, fj?
$10 for the Nook STR, $20 for the Glowlight, $7 for the M-Edge cases.
Three stores within a 15 minute drive. The last one had a ton.

The whole bundle came in at $88 plus tax.
They also had Kindles at $30 but I wanted the nooks to hack.
This was last fall...
Haven't been back to the third one...I wonder if they still have Nooks...
Old 06-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #69
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
That's terrific!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #70
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
That's terrific!
A fringe benefit of hanging 'round here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212659

(And a bit less terrific than I remembered... add a ten spot to each Nook. $19 and $29.)

They say the memory is the second thing to go...

Last edited by fjtorres; 06-14-2014 at 07:23 PM.