Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
techsp123
techsp123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs down Call ebook-convert from PHP using exec/shell_exec

Hi,

I am using Fedora 14 and clibre installation is working and also i can execute "ebook-convert" (version: calibre 0.8.47) from the command line.

I was trying to convert .pdf to .epub using a PHP file by calling exec/shell_exec. But i get some error -----------
#########################################
Traceback (most recent call last): File "site.py", line 56, in main File "site-packages/calibre/__init__.py", line 21, in File "site-packages/calibre/startup.py", line 65, in File "site-packages/calibre/utils/localization.py", line 70, in set_translators File "site-packages/calibre/utils/localization.py", line 27, in get_lang File "site-packages/calibre/utils/config_base.py", line 432, in File "site-packages/calibre/utils/config_base.py", line 352, in __setitem__ File "site-packages/calibre/utils/config_base.py", line 366, in set File "site-packages/calibre/utils/config_base.py", line 298, in set File "site-packages/calibre/utils/lock.py", line 113, in __enter__ IOError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/var/www/.config/calibre/global.py' /calibre/calibre/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/ptempfile.py:27: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'calibre' not found while handling absolute import /var/www/html/tictlive/temp/j17
#########################################

My php code is: (test.php under /var/www/html/tictlive/temp/j17 directory). and the source file "Bengal_Institute_Documents.pdf" is under directory "dmdocuments" under "j17/" directory.

$infile = "Bengal_Institute_Documents.pdf";
$infile2 = "dmdocuments/".$infile;
$comm1="ebook-convert ".$infile2." a.epub 2>&1";
$r1 = shell_exec($comm1);

echo $comm1."</br>".$r1;

Can any one help !!!
techsp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
bradtheissen
bradtheissen began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to make an .ePub file from a directory of .jpegs on my web server, using PHP.

I think your experience stated above gives me hope!

I like Sigil for OSX, however, adding 50 jpegs is 50 clicks! And remembering the last one you clicked to add!

I'd like to have Sigil for Linux create the all the xml files and zip archive based on the directory of 50 jpegs in question.

Have you done this?

As an author, I use all of the OSX eBook readers. For hardware, I have iPad (3) and iPhone4.
bradtheissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert