Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Where's best to load books on the Kobo Touch

Sorry if this has been as asked before but I searched but didn't find anything relating to this query.

I've had a Kobo Touch since Christmas and I am still pleased with it. Some actions are slow but compared to my previous ebook reader, a Sony PRS300, it is generally quicker. I have a 2GB memory card fitted and books side loaded using Calibre on both internal memory and the memory card.

For general use and speed of operation is there any difference between putting books in the internal memory or the memory card?

Thanks.

Brian
Brianrh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Yes there is a speed difference, if you have a large number of books on the SD card browsing through you Library will be slower but page turns shouldn't be harmed.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
If I can stick my 2 cents in here , while I do find using an sd card slower, your books will still be there in the event your Kobo dies.

I had installed 200 books on the reader memory. A day later I somehow I corrupted the firmware and had to do a reinstall of the firmware. All my books were deleted, luckily I had backed them up. After that, I would never go back to internal memory storage as I now have over 1300 ebooks.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
I have a question regarding SD cards. How do you get your Kobo books on it? I don't get many from anywhere else so this would be the one most beneficial to me.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
I have a question regarding SD cards. How do you get your Kobo books on it? I don't get many from anywhere else so this would be the one most beneficial to me.
I don't use SD card, so it's just a guess, but maybe you can sideload kobobooks like the non-kobo origin ones. You can find the books in Windows7 at c:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Kobo\Kobo Desktop Edition\kepub\ or similar directory. The files have weird names and no file name extension: possibly you should rename and add .epub extesion to them.
However the DRM could be a problem - try it and you will see.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
My guess would be that you can't put k-epubs on the SD card. If you want to put books from Kobo onto your SD card you probably need to download the true e-pub version and use them instead.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote