Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
ekuest
ekuest began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
cant download amazon app store

I just got my pocket edge the other day and updated to ermine. I went to Amazon.com to download the Amazon app store, but it gives me a webpage not available error. I searched the forum but couldn't find this problem anywhere. It says the page may be down or have been moved. Can someone confirm that the download works or doesn't work, or suggest a fix for this problem? I'm really excited to get some Apps on this thing! Thanks.
ekuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Yellowman1
Yellowman1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I don't have the PE, I have the EE, and I am still on Dingo (not Ermine) on my EE, I do have the Amazon App store working on my EE but I don't know if this will help since you have the PE running Ermine (2 things I don't have or know anything about right now). To download the Amazon App store, you do need to have an account with Amazon and a valid email address (I found that out when I installed it on my EE). When you log into your Amazon account and click on the link to download the Amazon App store, a link will be sent to your email address and you have to download the app store using that link. Once you have installed it on your PE, you will need to log in again using your Amazon account in order to download apps from the Amazon App store. That was all I had to do to get it working on the EE. Hope it works for you.
Yellowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Also, I believe the Android Appstore is not available to people outside of the United States.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Try this link. It should give you the APK itself.

https://www.amazon.com/app-email
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
ekuest

Nope it says webpage not available. Weird. K gotta fly home and try again tomorrow.
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
jclmaster
jclmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Try this link. It should give you the APK itself.

https://www.amazon.com/app-email
I already have it installed but clicked the link to test it. It started to load the file so the link is good!
jclmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekuest View Post
Nope it says webpage not available. Weird. K gotta fly home and try again tomorrow.
They must be blocking based on IP address, and excluding any not in the USA.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
They must be blocking based on IP address, and excluding any not in the USA.
It's downloading from a Canadian IP address, just FYI. Of course, it could be set to block outside North America.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 AM   #9
ekuest

OK that was weird. I live in Hawaii and it wouldn't let me download in Seattle. Tried multiple access points. I'm back on Oahu now, and it downloaded fine. Gonna try the kindle apparently now. Thanks for your help guys!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
ekuest

heh my PE corrected app to apparently. so the kindle app still gave me the page not found error. i tried it from the amazon site, as well as from the amazon marketplace. marketplace might be because i didnt sign in to an account yet, but not sure why it didnt work from the webpage link. gonna try again when i get home from work, and try downloading some other apps.