Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Help me find a song, please?

Fellow MR members and blues connoisseurs I find myself in dire need of your help.
Right now I'm having a slight obsession for the True Blood soundtrack and I've been trying to identify this song

They say it's Trouble Blues by Lighting Hopkins but I've checked the lyrics for this song (and I've been listening to it over and over again) and the word "blame" just doesn't make an appearance in the aforementioned song.

Actually I've discovered that there are two variants of the screen test: one with the mystery song and the other with Lighting Hopkins's Trouble Blues.

It's obvious there are differences between the two.

So far I've been unable to find who sings in the first screen test and I'd be over the moon if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
*nevermind

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 07-16-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Getting my Google-fu into action...

It sounds like it might be a loose interpretation of this song. What do you think? No idea who the artist on the video is, though. And my SoundHound app didn't recognize it.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Your Google-fu is powerful!
They do indeed sound like cousins of each other but I don't think it's the same song. The lyrics don't match. The first part is dead on but the second is missing from Wiser Time's song.
They do sound cool, though!

*Sigh* I'm getting desperate
I hate it when this happens and despite the vast resources of the Internet I'm stumped . Gah, no patience!
Must be the coffee!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote