Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
B&N via their wireless. I'll let you know how the formatting came out as I get a bit further into it.

Interestingly, when I put "Boomerang" into the B&N search engine, it returned no results. It was only after I entered "Alan Hutcheson" that Boomerang came up.
The search issue seems to be a common one with B&N's ebooks especially since they have greatly expanded their available titles in a very short period of time. I imagine they are still playing catch-up. Thanks for pursuing the search!

Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #17
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Boomerang at Smashwords, Amazon and B&N

Hi everyone,

Boomerang, my comic novel of international intrigue, is available at Smashwords, Amazon or Barnes and Noble. The response to it has been wonderful, including a steady climb at B&N, regular sales on Amazon, being chosen as the first book to be read by the NookBoards.com Book Club, and some terrific recent reviews on Smashwords, where it is currently the Number Four bestseller of all time.

A nice big 50% sample can be found at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167.

And of course thanks to all the mobileread.com members who have already added Boomerang to your libraries.

Best,
Alan
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
It's on my list =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #19
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Hi Alan,

I was a little afraid to start reading Boomerang, because I heard it was a comic novel and since English is not my first language, it isn't really easy to catch jokes, etc...

The first half of the book was really tough for me, although enjoyable. The second half was really pleasant, seeing how the history develops towards the end.

The best was Doreen. You cannot imagine how I hate her. Really! And this is, for me, the best way to agree that the book is really good.

Congratulations.

Paulo
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
plumboz
Novelist

Paulo,

I really appreciate the fact that you took a chance on Boomerang. And I am very glad you feel it was worth the effort!

Best,
Alan
Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #21
plumboz
Novelist

Celebrating 500 Sold

Well, it happened a couple weeks later than my goal, but that's okay.

To celebrate Boomerang passing the five hundred mark, here is a coupon that makes it half-price at Smashwords.

Regular price: $1.99
Half price: $0.99

Coupon Code CC73Z

Just click on the Smashwords link in my signature.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang, Comic Novel of International Intrigue

Update: August 22, 2010

The regular price on Boomerang will be changing from $0.99 to $2.99 as soon as Amazon and all the other places it is available can respond to the changes I will be putting through tomorrow, Monday, August 23rd.

I held the price at $0.99 for as long as possible, hoping that volume would make up for the really low net proceeds from each sale. But there just isn't much piling up in the ol' account for either Yours Truly or the Mountain View High Marching Band (I ship off half of Boomerang's profits to them).

Just wanted to give the nice folks at Mobileread a heads up about the price change.

Thanks!

Some of the nice reviews for Boomerang:

From ebookalchemy: It's a book version of an extremely successful Cohen brothers movie: quirky, funny in unexpected places, and more than a few twists and turns before you reach the end. The story is told from many opposing viewpoints, but it unfolds easily; just start reading it and let it do the work...There are no wasted words, and no fluffy padding of any kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful characters, March 28, 2010
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
Unique and delightful characters abound. I found the sisters to be particularly funny in a somewhat sneaky kind of way. Laughter would erupt almost before I knew it! Most enjoyable.

Review by: Nagaswami Venkatasubramanian on May. 23, 2010 : star star star star star
One of the best novels that I have read in recent times- suspenseful, witty and racy. I look forward to more such writings from Mr. Hutcheson.
N.Venkatasubramanian

Review by: dreams on Nov. 20, 2009 : star star star star star
Great fun from start to finish. The various antics of the characters had me laughing out loud as I visualized the situations. I loved following the old lady sisters, Amelia and Doreen (they were so real that I could almost hear their conversations) and Ted and Jerry (that guy had more stuff he was into than poor Ted could keep up with). If that wasn't enough, add in the alphabet soup of government agencies and “the clothing optional former onion festival queen". I had no idea how it was going to end and couldn't wait to find out. This will definitely be on my to-be-read-again list.

Boomerang at Smashwords

Last edited by plumboz; 08-22-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: New regular price
Old 01-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #23
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have responded to the coupon offer so far. The Smashwords coupon will be good through the end of February.

I hope you enjoy Boomerang.

P.S. I have no intention of raising the price over at Amazon in order to conform to their new higher royalty plan. But in any case for the next few weeks you can get it at Smashwords for just $0.99.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Everyone should read this, I paid $1.99 for it and it was worth every penny. It's one of those books I think that everyone would enjoy.

(And I'm not just saying this because the author's going to see it, I really did like it)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #25
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
I just added it to my collection this morning (VERY early this morning, I couldn't sleep). It looks like it'll be a good read.
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #26
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks, lilac_jive and kolrone!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
plumboz
Novelist

Expiration date on the coupon is Feb 28, 2010. After that we will be going couponless. I just noticed I hadn't told ya'll the expire date!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #28
plumboz
Novelist

I am going against the wisdom of extensive focus group results and testing out the new "real life" avatar. Please let me know if it serves as a discouragement as you consider Boomerang.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #29
plumboz
Novelist

Use coupon code CC73Z at Smashwords (see link in my signature) and get Boomerang for $0.99 through February 28, 2010.

From Amazon UK (paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed like a drain..., 18 Jun 2009
By Simon Million - See all my reviews
I laughed like a drain reading Boomerang. This is a superb globe-trotting jet-setting farce that had me turning pages and staying up far too late, skipping work and finding hiding places in which I could read undisturbed. Boomerang contains a cavalcade of characters that we've all met on our travels and they are all treated with a level of consideration that automatically makes the reader empathise. Ted and Jerry are the main double-act hunting down a boomerang in which is hidden some super sensitive info that might blow open the American Intelligence and other Government structures, but they don't know that. Ted just wants his beloved guitar back out of the front window of Top Dollar Pawn and in his arms, Jerry could do with a beer. Hot on their heels are Ozzie women Doreen and Amelia-serious Shielas to do business with. Add to the mix a crossbow wielding assassin, underemployed Government agency staff and a clothing optional ex-cheerleader-all hot on their trail and you just know you're going to have a good time!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #30
plumboz
Novelist

The official One Month To Go reminder re: Boomerang's half price special at Smashwords. Just $0.99. (See lilac_jive's very nice comment about the book being worth every penny of its $1.99 retail! How can half price not be a smokin' deal?)

Coupon code CC73Z

Good through Feb. 28, 2010.

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords