Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
esjones
esjones began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300SC
Waiting on my Sony Reader

Came into an unexpected Amazon gift card, so decided to spring for a Sony Reader Pocket edition. (Yes, I appreciate the irony, but the Kindle would have required too much additional kick-in of cash!)

Being my first e-reader, I consciously decided to start small, in size and features.

I'm looking forward to it!

- Earl
esjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Earl and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over two years and really like it. Be sure and let us know when you get your Sony.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, esjones

What a great use of your gift card! You have probably noticed that this is the place for information.

At the very top of the page is the link to MR's Wiki where you will find lots of information including the PRS 300.

There are thousands of free ebooks on MR that have been beautifully hand formatted by some very dedicated MR members. Look up on the left, in the blue bar. The Sony uses both the LRF and ePub.

Have fun exploring the forums and ask if you would like to know anything.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Welcome to Mobileread, esjones!
Enjoy your new prs-300, it's a great device (few features, but it does well what it's supposed to do).
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by esjones View Post
Came into an unexpected Amazon gift card, so decided to spring for a Sony Reader Pocket edition. (Yes, I appreciate the irony, but the Kindle would have required too much additional kick-in of cash!)

Being my first e-reader, I consciously decided to start small, in size and features.

I'm looking forward to it!

- Earl
welcome to the site.

Hey, just cause your reader is small (in your opinion) doesnt mean your collection has to be. Readers come and go...a lot of people on here have a few different types. Start a library like I am going to start with a lot of free and legal classics saved to your PC. 1400 here on this site alone...its the words we desire not the medium.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Welcome to MobileRead!
A Sony Reader is very nice. Let us know when you get it.
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
esjones
esjones began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300SC
You know how to make a guy feel welcome!

Thanks, everybody, for the warm welcomes! UPS tracking says I should get my Reader on Wednesday. Be prepared for a barrage of newbie-type questions!

Here is my first... does the Wiki portion of this site require its own registration and login? I tried my 'esjones' login and it says there is no such user ID.

Earl
esjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by esjones View Post
Thanks, everybody, for the warm welcomes! UPS tracking says I should get my Reader on Wednesday. Be prepared for a barrage of newbie-type questions!

Here is my first... does the Wiki portion of this site require its own registration and login? I tried my 'esjones' login and it says there is no such user ID.

Earl
I copied this info from the front page of MR's Wiki:

Quote:
Want to help out?

If this Wiki thing has piqued your interest, you might want to consider helping out. The only thing you need to be able to do in order to contribute is read and write. Almost any page can be edited, though before you start, please create an account (it's free and takes just seconds). Another good reason to log in is that you can mark pages you want to keep track of and track updates via the my watchlist function.

This Wiki is a a place to store information. Because it's very difficult to keep track of who's saying what in an "everyone can edit everything" environment, the MobileRead Forums are better suited to engage in discussions. So, if you'd like to add something to the Wiki but aren't sure how to put it, or you want to get some more feedback and invite people to modify your initial Wiki page, head over to the our forums and create a thread to discuss.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, sony