Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
madrone26
madrone26 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New York Times recipe

I just got my Sony 505, and I'm really pleased with how easy calibre has made working with the device considering I'm on a mac. I'm curious about modifying a recipe for the New York Times news feed. The included recipe downloads a number of sections from the times, most of which I'm not interested. For example, I'd like to include the science section but not the sports section. When I looked at the recipe, I couldn't figure out how it was specifying the particular sections. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
madrone26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
That is a quite complex recipe, not so easy to modify by beginner. You will have to talk with Kovid since it is his creation.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it gets its articles by parsing the website of the print edition, so unless you're willing to do some so hacking, you can't modify it. Basically you need to edit line 81 to only include those section headings that you care about.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Kovid,

I installed when you had two NYT recipes, one with and one without a subscription. I set the no subscription one up to run daily. The next update that recipe disappeared and now I get an error msg in Calibre every day. I've since set up the w/ subscription recipe to work, but want to delete the non-working scheduled job. Where do I go to find it?

Karen
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Locate and delete the file scheduler.pickle (just do a find files on your computer) That will take care of it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote