Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #331
rostamiani
rostamiani began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Reflowing PDFs is so slow sometimes on my T1
Does rooting it helps me ?
Does RepliGo Reader do reflowing faster ?

It seems that multiple flashing is a little annoying in rooted T1. When it flashes multiple times ?

Thanks
rostamiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #332
matteos72
Enthusiast
matteos72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
The newly uploaded Minimal Set-2 should allow for package installation. Previously you had to copy the APK directly into /data/app (either via ebook_msc, or via some file manager, i.e. Root Explorer) in order to install them.

Or you could use ADB to install packages. Now it should be easier for you to install packages from SD or "main memory", or via Dropbox.

hello
I have rooted with WESTERN Minimal root and I do not have enough space to install applet. I have tried to free space by using this link in the mobile read https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...r_of_inodes.29 but did not worl
Can your method works?
Can I use android market to download applet with this way (BTW for some reason in the minimal root Western Android Market is not present. If I try to download separately and install from SDcard does not work! :-X)
matteos72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #333
rostamiani

Can I root my Sony T1 with firmware 1.0.4 ?
Does this method work for this firmware ? :

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...eaks#Procedure

Thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #334
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Yes, you can. The root package works on every firmware till now.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #335
rostamiani

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
Yes, you can. The root package works on every firmware till now.
Thanks a lot
I rooted my reader

Does rooted Sony T1 uses more battery ? What if I use the default interface with rooted device ?
There are always some programs on my Ongoing notifications. Does these softwares consumes battery ? Can I close them ?
These programs are on ongoing :

Cool Reader
ContentManager
Zeam Launcher

Thanks

Last edited by rostamiani; 03-17-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #336
gjasso
gjasso began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daomon View Post
I got a PRS-T1 from Japan. Unluckily i can change to another language like.... There is a way to swap the firmware for another one? How can I do it? Thx!!!
Hi, I was in the same situation as you. Luckily, you can change the language via Android's Settings panel (Reader needs to be rooted):

1. Root the reader using the japanese package: Follow the wiki.

2. Using ADW Launcher go to Settings > Keyboard & Languages and choose English: In case you are not familiar with Android, in ADW Launcher click the Menu button and then click the icon in the middle of the menu (it looks like a switch/dial) to open Android's Settings panel. Click on the icon that looks like a keyboard key with the letter "A". The very first option is "Select Language", click it and choose "English".

3. Enjoy!

Last edited by gjasso; 04-14-2012 at 09:05 AM.
gjasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #337
gjasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostamiani View Post
These programs are on ongoing :

Cool Reader
ContentManager
Zeam Launcher

Thanks
Those are shortcuts created by the app "Bar Shortcuts", you can remove them (or add others) using that app. This seems useful IMHO as you can use this as an app drawer and uninstall ADW Launcher (but make sure you keep Bar Shortcuts and that you add at least a shortcut to itself so you don't lose the ability to access your apps).

I just rooted my Reader yesterday and I do not know how this app works, but I expect that it only places shortcuts in that list without actually running the programs, but maybe I am wrong.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #338
gjasso

Hi, can someone share the files

Calendar.apk .odex
CalendarProvider.apk .odex
Contacts.apk .odex
ContactsProvider.apk .odex

(they are in /system/app)

I deleted them and now I get some errors with Google Framework Services. Not such a big deal, just some ocassional pop-up but I would like to get rid of them.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #339
Isidar
Isidar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch T1
Hi,
I already tried to root my T1 - and was succesful -
BUT I was not able to get rid of the demo mode,
I followed the instruccions in the wiki, but it did not work

Why is there a demo mode? Isn't there any root package without demo mode?
Pls help I like the rooted T1 wery much and would love to have it ...
Thanks in advance
Isidar
Isidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #340
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Is it advisable (or even possible) to root a T1 running the new Japanese 2.0.00.15150 firmware that was released in late March 2012? Or would it be better to wait for an update to eventually be released? AFAIK the update is Japan-only at the moment so if its important to match firmware versions when rooting then I doubt they've gotten to it yet.

As you may be able to tell from the question, my knowledge of rooting and Android is minimal enough that I'd just be a checklist-following newbie if I chose to go ahead...
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #341
JoostB
JoostB began at the beginning.

I want to hack my Sony to get KindleApp, I dl the file and unzip it.
But when I click the batfile, it won't work. He don't recognize the reader.
JoostB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #342
dennisMe
dennisMe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Kindle app

if you rooted it ok and didn't overload it with apps yet, then the kindle app should install from the market OK.
dennisMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #343
krapo
Enthusiast
krapo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 Black, Sony PRS-T1 White, CyBook Gen3
Hi all,

I just enabled 2-step authentication on my Dropbox account but the Dropbox app installed on my PRS-T1 does not support this feature. Do you know where I can find an updated dropbox.apk compatible with the T1 ?

Cheers,
Vincent.
krapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #344
mbraner
mbraner began at the beginning.

Hi. I'm new to this forum. Thanks to the developers of the rooting tools, and to those who provide advice here. I'm searched all over for an existing answer but no luck.

I am trying to root a Sony PRS-T1. It has the latest firmware (1.0.05.11130). Downloaded the relevant Rupor AMR package. When I try and run it, every time the script invokes the reader_msc.exe tool it fails to run. It gives a message like "Application did not initialize properly... Click OK to exit". The script then continues, thus the .exe does not even return an error code. The same thing happens if I run the .exe manually from a DOS box. I am running this on an old (2005) PC with Windows XP (updated to SP3).

The latest version of the msvcr*.dll installed seems to be 80. I have tried to put both msvcr90.dll and msvcr100.dll in the same folder, or in \Windows\system32, and that does not solve the problem. I have not tried installing the complete MS Visual C++ 2008 runtime package, perhaps that is necessary, but there are 4 versions of it on the MS site so it's confusing.

Alternatively, since the AMR script otherwise ran, after I gave it the drive letter manually, it copied all the needed files onto the READER partition - would it be safe an effective to finish the rooting using the method of booting the e-reader with the Home and Menu buttons pressed?

I would rather be able to run that reader_msc.exe tool though, since so much else can be done with it.
mbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #345
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbraner View Post
The latest version of the msvcr*.dll installed seems to be 80. I have tried to put both msvcr90.dll and msvcr100.dll in the same folder, or in \Windows\system32, and that does not solve the problem. I have not tried installing the complete MS Visual C++ 2008 runtime package, perhaps that is necessary, but there are 4 versions of it on the MS site so it's confusing.
From what I remember when I wrote the installer for my previous company's Windows C/C++ software, I don't think you can just copy the msvcr*.dll files into the system32 folder like that. They have to be installed somewhat "magically" into the GAC. Microsoft provides download installers which do this correctly, so search around for "vcredist" ("Visual C++ Redistributable") that matches what version of Visual C++ the software was built with.

HTH!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony