Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #151
atomQ
atomQ began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Thanks paola for you suggestions.
I did a little bit of experiment with pdf annotation. I took a short pdf file. I highleted some part on one page, I used free-hand annotation on an other, and on the third page I used both.
Then I checked how all these changes are stored on the PB903.
I was a bit surprised when I found a html file and a directory with two png and two svg files.
Png files were images of those two pages on which I drew freely, but drawings were missing, only the highlights can be seen. The quality of the images was medicore.
As you have written, html consisted the highlighted texts, but not their position (as far as I can judge). No trace of my drawings.
(all the files can be found in the system/profiles/config/ative contents directory.

I also tried to import the images as new layers to the original pdf file (I used adobe acrobat 9) which actually worked, but I have to place the layers manually on the right page. As images were medicore qualilty, so this solution deteriorates the qiuality of the original pdf.

That's all for now. Any other suggestions?
atomQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #152
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
I've updated poterm to v 2.0.
It saves now commands history and remember up to 20 last commands between sessions.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #153
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuryfdr View Post
I've updated poterm to v 2.0.
It saves now commands history and remember up to 20 last commands between sessions.
Excellent! That is very useful.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #154
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
I've fix touch screen support and build Andy128k pb-mahjong for Pro.
http://fedorchenko.net/pb.php#mahjong
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #155
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thank you guys - hopefully I'll have more time soon to update the top message.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #156
PD321
PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PocketBook 602
Tip: How to create shortcut for web browser on the desktop

Go to \system\config\widgets\eBook end add your favorite website to eBook.cfg or copy files from system.zip to internal memory.

Then go to widget - select "Change widget" - "eBook" - OK - Widget settings - and select Google.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plocha.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	83587   Click image for larger version

Name:	plocha2.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	83589  
Attached Files
File Type: zip system.zip (8.4 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by PD321; 03-07-2012 at 08:17 AM.
PD321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #157
pjdfred
pjdfred began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
"Fast Driver" - *finally* working annotations

EXPERIMENTAL - "Fast Driver" version of 2.1.2:

*Finally*. I bought a 903 to replace my late, lamented iRex DR 1000S, which died a month or two after its maker went bankrupt, hoping that someone would eventually get annotation working properly on the 903. The 2.1.2 fast driver version finally does. (well, it's still a bit buggy, but it's usable)

I use the PB for reading 2-column non-reflowable PDFs of scientific papers, and it's slowly reaching full usability. Remaining issues:
- nothing we can do about the display size - it's sized for full-res A4, not letter, so there are going to be some trade-offs.
- zooming is dreadful. You only have the choice of a few pre-defined zooms, when the one you want is guaranteed to be halfway between two of the settings, and there's no way to adjust the vertical position. (horizontal adjustment was added a few releases back)
- shrinks the window when you turn on note-taking, and there's no ability to zoom or adjust window position when in note-taking mode.
- bluetooth has issues - my mac always complains "File type not accepted" (although it goes through if you hit the "yes, damn it" button), bluetooth keyboard is useless, etc.
- it would be really nice to have a way to adjust how dark/light the rendering is. I remember a long time back they had a release which made text much more readable, but there are still a lot of scanned PDFs which are unreadable without sub-page zooming, which defeats the whole purpose of having a page-sized reader. (which is for dealing with things like "as seen in figure 1" at the bottom of the page, when figure 1 is at the top...)

I haven't looked into the SDK - is there any chance that zooming (especially for Adobe reader) can be tweaked by those of us with only public SDK access? What about rendering darkness/lightness?

Peter Desnoyers
pjdfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #158
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD321 View Post
Go to \system\config\widgets\eBook end add your favorite website to eBook.cfg or copy files from system.zip to internal memory.

Then go to widget - select "Change widget" - "eBook" - OK - Widget settings - and select Google.
thanks for the tip!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #159
avg_user
avg_user began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
I'd like to ask - has anybody made it possible to synchronize on the fly notes made in Scribble with external server, for example with Dropbox or something similar? I asked about it in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=153815&page=2
avg_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #160
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg_user View Post
I'd like to ask - has anybody made it possible to synchronize on the fly notes made in Scribble with external server, for example with Dropbox or something similar? I asked about it in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=153815&page=2
I just built and uploaded some versions of curl to that thread, since @bogomil mentioned that it was required for a Dropbox Uploader script he found. More work needs to be done to make that script useable from the ereader's UI, but I'll leave that for someone who uses Dropbox. At the worst, you can run the script by hand from within the poterm command-line terminal.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #161
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I just received a response from PocketBook customer service re. the scribble/handwriting functions of the Pro 612. I thought I would post this here for the benefit of those interested. (I wish I had done this before ordering my Onyx Boox X60, which lacks most of these functions...)

Q1. Does it support multi-page notes?
A1. Yes, this device supports multi-page notes. Instruments:
- Mark text with the marker;
- Draw notes directly in the book with a pencil;
- Eraser remove pencil lines or marker completely, the text of the book will remain.
- Save the part of the page as image simply drawing line from first to the last point.
- All notes are saved in synopsis of the book

Q2. Is it possible to rename note files?
A2. Yes, it is possible to rename note files.

Q3. Is it possible to search note files by file name?
A3. There is no "search" function in the section "Notes", but all of them have their names.

Q4. Is there an undo function (delete last stroke)?
A4. Undo function is missing, but you can immediately delete a note with help of context menu.

Q5. Is there an eraser function?
A5. There is an eraser function.

Q6. Is it possible to copy note files to a pc, and in which format?
A6. Yes, you can copy note files to pc through: system/config/Active Contents.
or: /system/profiles/name_profile/config/Act ive Contents - if the profiles are turned on.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #162
saida
saida began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Hi everybody,
I have problem with my pocketbook 902. I wanted open it. but just only first page (welcome) opened and stopped. green light continuously on. I can neither to switch off or on the pocketbook. It stopped. What can I do???
saida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #163
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
Re: hanging PB

Quote:
Hi everybody,
I have problem with my pocketbook 902. I wanted open it. but just only first page (welcome) opened and stopped. green light continuously on. I can neither to switch off or on the pocketbook. It stopped. What can I do???
I would try the reset "switch" (a little hole on the lower side of the device).
It is pressed, with a straightened paper clip, or so.

You kann as well do a "battery pull" . Open the device an take out the battery for a minute.
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #164
saida
saida began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Thanks

Hi Martin. I tried reset switch. It really helped. Problem was that USB had not worked properly and therefore battery was completely empty.
Now it is charging . Thank you very much.

Last edited by saida; 06-03-2012 at 05:10 AM.
saida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #165
paola
Wizard

top message updated with:
- MartinZ PBChord (for your guitar);
- latest version of Coolreader, v0.0.6-6 (CREngine 3.0.57-1)
(I have also uploaded the translated coolreader menu images, which I should have done ages ago)