Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #16
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
how do you watch youtube videos? I tried and it said it couldn't play.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
We all are waiting on the upgrade to Android 2.2 to address this issue and others. Some have used the mobile YouTube site with success.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #18
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
I'm trying watch a video I converted using Handbrake, but when I pause and leave the video and return later, it reverts to the beginning of the video. Does anyone know of a way to get it to resume where I left it? I could use the scroll bar to try to find where I left it, but then I have to remember the time in the movie and such.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #19
highvista
highvista is on a distinguished road

Device: NOOKcolor, Nexus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoshka View Post
I'm trying watch a video I converted using Handbrake, but when I pause and leave the video and return later, it reverts to the beginning of the video. Does anyone know of a way to get it to resume where I left it? I could use the scroll bar to try to find where I left it, but then I have to remember the time in the movie and such.
If you pause the video and press the "n" button, rather than using the "Back" button, your position in the video will be remembered the next time you play it. But only the position in the last video is remembered. B&N really needs to add a full-function video player that recalls position for every video. This is standard procedure for Android phone apps--at least for the ones I've used.

One caveat. It seems that if you do what I said above and then access a different video, sometimes the player will come up with the saved position displayed for the new video. Using the back button here and then re-entering the new video seems to clear this--and forget your position in the previous video, of course.
highvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
CyW
CyW began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Pandigital Novel
There are many free programs out there that do video conversion. Choose the settings for iPod/iPad and it works perfectly for the Nook Color.
CyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista View Post
If you pause the video and press the "n" button, rather than using the "Back" button, your position in the video will be remembered the next time you play it. But only the position in the last video is remembered.
I accidentally discovered this trick last night too when demonstrating video for someone. highvista, you should post this info in the tips thread. I am sure it could be very helpful to many people.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109511
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #22
highvista
highvista is on a distinguished road

Device: NOOKcolor, Nexus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I accidentally discovered this trick last night too when demonstrating video for someone. highvista, you should post this info in the tips thread. I am sure it could be very helpful to many people.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109511
Good idea! I'll definitely post it there.
highvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #23
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
Does the NC have any hardware acceleration for video if certain codecs are used? I"m just wondering if a specific format would play smoother and be more battery friendly.
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #24
therealguppy
therealguppy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
Does the NC have any hardware acceleration for video if certain codecs are used? I"m just wondering if a specific format would play smoother and be more battery friendly.
I has hardware acceleration for the Codecs it says it supports.

Videos: MP4, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, MPEG-4 Simple Profile up to 854x480, H.263 up to 352x288, and H.264 Baseline profile up to 854x480 (please see additional information in the Video Files question)
therealguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What would be the reason to use H.264 instead of MPEG-4?
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
s52m3
Enthusiast
s52m3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
how did you get the mobile youtube to work? I am on m.youtube.com and I get "Sorry, this video cannot be played."
s52m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
buddy6713
buddy6713 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
playing movies on nook color

Thank you all for your good comments. Just bought the color nook yesterday and using Handbrake I converted a movie to mp4. The file format actually reads: mp4.tmp

Downloaded it to my nook and it displays in the library with a question mark and double clicking on it does nothing. Either I don't understand how to play that movie file or the question mark means I done bad. I did use the ipod/ipad settings in Handbrake and it was a H263 file.

Sorry for being so lame about this but if someone could respond tom me as though they were talking to a 5th grader----no, don't do that, a 5th grader would be way way ahead of me. try 2nd grader--and let me know what I did wrong or what I could do more right?

Tks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyW View Post
There are many free programs out there that do video conversion. Choose the settings for iPod/iPad and it works perfectly for the Nook Color.
buddy6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #28
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Hi, Buddy, welcome to the forum.

Start with post number 96 in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=107571&page=7

(there is also a brand new release of Handbrake 0.9.5 just this week if you don't already have it)
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #29
jinx
jinx began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKColor
WinFF has presets for Android video conversions. Had no problems viewing videos I converted after using those presets.
jinx is offline   Reply With Quote