Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I think I've turned mine off about 3 times in all the time I've had it--it's what I try before I try rebooting. I routinely put it to sleep to avoid random button presses when I'm carrying it around. Plus I only turn whispernet on to check for updates or shop the Amazon store, then turn it right off again.

Seriously it's not necessary to turn it all the way off.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Ditto to the majority of the posts here. When I am done reading, I close the cover. Let it go to sleep on its own.

I never have whispernet on unless I am downloading content and get around 12-14 days in between charges.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:53 AM   #18
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Wow so you don't have to turn the kindle off at all and it still has an excellent battery life.

That's very impressive.
That is what I've learnt so far too! Now that I know this, Im more willing to leave my kindle on running. everybody seems to do it.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #19
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I've turned the device completely off perhaps twice during the last 8 months, and that was to do a firmware upgrade.

I have however noticed that the battery seems to deplete faster than when I first got it. The battery-indicator is not always trustworthy. I've found myself in situations where I could swear that the battery-indicator was nowhere near critical only to find out that the device wont start because of battery depletion.

Now I usually charge the device about once a week and that seems to give me a good safety margin of any battery depletion.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I've literally never turned mine off in the month plus I've had it.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
And I should add that I leave wireless off and put it in sleep mode when I'm done. I never let it sit around and auto sleep.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch off, turn off