Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Rooted dual boot questions

I'm planning on putting together a microsd card to dual boot my HD+. Am I going to able to access the main partition after booting into full Android? I've got a lot of books on the main system I'd rather not have to reload. And will my apps purchased from the Google app store be available to reinstall (like how iTunes handles upgrades)?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I'm planning on putting together a microsd card to dual boot my HD+. Am I going to able to access the main partition after booting into full Android? I've got a lot of books on the main system I'd rather not have to reload.
Yes, the internal "user media content" partition is accessible to the SD-based ROM. Most apps should automatically include it in scanning for content; otherwise you can browse to it (listed as "emmc" under root folder) using a file-manager app, then open the content file in it with the app of your choice.
Quote:
And will my apps purchased from the Google app store be available to reinstall (like how iTunes handles upgrades)?
Yes.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Thank you. May still end up converting the HD+ to a full android system, but I want to play with it for a while.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote