Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
confused
confused began at the beginning.

Device: opus
Book does not appear after sync

Thanks in advance.
I downloaded some free e books into the latest version of mobi pocket, I then tried to send to my opus.
The screen shows it being copied, says sync was successful, however the books are not on the opus

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Did you install firmware version 1.5 in the Opus? If you have 1.9 or 2.0, it won't work with Mobipocket, only with ePUB.

If you have v. 1.5, the mobipocket files should be in a folder called "eBooks" (case-sensitive), in the root directory of either the Opus or the card. Unless you activate Folder naviagation, then you can put them wherever you want.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
confused
confused began at the beginning.

Device: opus
Thanks, it is a week old and came with 1.9
So if I understand, I would have to install an older version of the firmware to be able to read mobi files?

Seems not worth the effort,
In that case, can anyone suggest good sources of epub material?

Thanks again
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Amazon prevent both ePub and mobi drm to work at the same time.
So you have to make a choise

As to where to buy you. Where are you living ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
Thanks, it is a week old and came with 1.9
So if I understand, I would have to install an older version of the firmware to be able to read mobi files?
Versions 1.5 and 2.0 are just as new. They are like different branches, one for mobi, the other for ePUB. Installing v. 1.5 is not getting an older firmware, but a different "flavour" (and you can re-install 2.0 and switch between the two as you like).

But I wouldn't recommend installing 1.5 unless you already have lots of mobipocket files or really need to use dictionaries. ePUB is more flexible and it's the future.

Quote:
Seems not worth the effort,
In that case, can anyone suggest good sources of epub material?
Just next door, in the ePub Books forum.

Try also Feedbooks, Manybooks and Project Gutenberg.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert