Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
suelange
Connoisseur
suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
New edition of The Textile Planet; read chapter one for free [see post #14]

Hi there,

I've just set up a download for my novel The Textile Planet. This novel has been published by BookViewCafe.com, which is an author's collective including such writers as Ursula K. Le Guin, Vonda N. McIntyre, Sarah Zettel, and about 20 others. The Textile Planet is no longer serialized at BookViewCafe and is available only as an ebook.

Last edited by suelange; 09-29-2010 at 10:32 AM.
suelange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 03:50 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
suelange
Connoisseur
suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!suelange is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Thanks for the input. I'll have to take a look at that and see if I can come up with something better.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
With all due respect I would be wary of giving my email address to that web page. The whole page just screams scam. Again, no offense if you're legitimate and only trying to spread the word.
I would agree. There is nothing on that web page that entices me to go any further .... rather the contrary .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just went to the site and you can just click the button without filling in the field to get in.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just went to the site and you can just click the button without filling in the field to get in.

He's right - as usual - though I found it very slow ....

Makes one wonder the logic of the process. Why not go directly to bookviewcafe?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That is rather easy to fix. The direct link coming right up.

http://www.bookviewcafe.com/sue-lang...exitle-planet/
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is rather easy to fix. The direct link coming right up.

http://www.bookviewcafe.com/sue-lang...exitle-planet/
Which Sue could have done in the first place, of course.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
suelange
Connoisseur

I know, I can tell already that email thing is a bad idea. How about the downloads. Are they working?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suelange View Post
I know, I can tell already that email thing is a bad idea. How about the downloads. Are they working?
hi Sue, thanks for the update !

i just downloaded the epub version ; it downloaded with no problem and looks very good (so far on my desktop viewer only, i haven't transferred it to the sony yet).

concerning the email thing, since it's optional, have you thought about adding it directly into the book page with a newsletter signup note or something similar ? if you promise to let people know when new titles become available most of them will want to leave their email address, and it will be a lot less sketchy-looking to them than arriving on a blank page with only that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 03:50 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
suelange
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hi Sue, thanks for the update !

have you thought about adding it directly into the book page with a newsletter signup note or something similar ?
I like that idea, Zelda. The email thing is definitely turning people off. I could also add a note to the last page of the ebook. People might not know if they want to sign up until after they've read the book. Do links work in ebook formats other than html and pdf?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suelange View Post
I like that idea, Zelda. The email thing is definitely turning people off. I could also add a note to the last page of the ebook. People might not know if they want to sign up until after they've read the book. Do links work in ebook formats other than html and pdf?
links will work in most ebook formats including epub as well as the ones you've mentioned, *however* to my knowledge they will only work within the book (like for a linked table of contents), so you could copy down the address from within the book but not necessarily click to go to it directly (particularly since a lot of people will probably be reading this on dedicated reading devices, not all of which have any kind of internet connectivity). that said, you could probably click to open the address in a browser if you're viewing the book on a computer (i'm not sure though, i've never tried that), so it's worth making a real link.

i think you should definitely add the website url to all books distributed via BVC if you haven't already done so, with a note saying "find more books like this at..." or something. you could also add a short note mentioning some other authors available, more books by the same author, etc. ; this will give people a reason to want to go back, in addition to reminding them where they got the book (i might not remember where a specific book came from, since i shop at several different stores in addition to getting PD books from here and feedbooks...). you could mention bvc at the beginning of the book with the url, and add more info at the end of the book.

this should be in addition to a signup on the book page.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
suelange
Connoisseur

New edition of The Textile Planet; read chapter one for free

$2.99

Marla Gershe is going nuts and she's taking the Textile Planet with her.

"Sue Lange adds to her catalog of stimulating stories with this novel of satire filled with political, social, and gender issues woven together with humor and introspection. THE TEXTILE PLANET continues to advance Lange's brand of changing, stretching, and challenging science fiction where she quite artfully weaves many worlds and destinations without ever leaving a culture of reference for the modern reader.”
Get the ebook from Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23467
or from the Kindle store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Textile-Pl...dp/B0041VYMUS/

Read the first chapter for free: http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.ph...anet-Chapter-1

Last edited by suelange; 09-22-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
suelange
Connoisseur

This is now available as an ebook via Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23467

Tags
cheap, ebook, humor, political, satire