Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
pranda
pranda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Deleted My Source. Does Calibre Have It?

Sorry to trouble the forum users! I accidentally deleted the original HTML file for my book off my hard drive. However, I converted with Calibre recently. So, I see my project sitting there on my "bookshelf." Does Calibre have my source HTML file somewhere? I also see my book cover there.

I can find my Calibre library fine on my Mac, but it only has the ZIP file, the MOBI file, the cover.jpg and a metadata file. I don't see my HTML source in there.

I also tried to re-convert my book again, and Calibre did it fine. So, it must be using the source file, but I can't find it. I'm positive that I deleted it, since it's no longer on my drive.

And I stupidly emptied my trash on my Mac, too!

Thanks.
pranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The ZIP file will be the HTML version of the book. Calibre always puts HTML books into a ZIP file as it can only store one physical file per format, and an HTML ebook typically consists of multiple files. Therefore you can get back the HTML by extracting it from the ZIP file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
pranda
pranda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Many thanks! I was panicked!
pranda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident, deleted books, html, source file