Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
y2rayk
y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!y2rayk , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3w
vim + GNU screen + myts 8 scrolling problem

Ive been using my Kindle 3W to share a screen sort of like the Raspberry Pi Display project. Whenever I use vim with the ruler on (:set ruler on), the vim editor leaves remnants on scrolling up or down. I was able to workaround this problem by setting my TERM variable to ansi.

For example:
export TERM=ansi

before launching screen. That seemed to have made the problem go away. I just wanted to share this tip if anybody ran into the same problem.
y2rayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
That also works nicely for scrolling in irssi, which never worked before....

However, the status bars are broken...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert