Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Special note concerning the May discussion & June nominations

Tomorrow is the 20th and the day that the June Nominations and the May discussion begins. Both will be led by pilotbob this month, as I will be going to the hospital tomorrow for an operation to repair an indentation above my right eye that resulted from me tripping over a speed bump a little over a week ago and fracturing my skull.

I feel like I'm in an episode of the old "Untouchables" TV show. Last week I had my face broken. Tomorrow some hired muscle is going to rip my face off. Yes, they'll put it back when they're done fiddling around under the hood—and hopefully they'll put it back in the same place—but it will keep me out of commission for a few days.

Thank you, BOb, for stepping in this month.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
My best wishes for your speedy recovery.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
xstitchfan
Connoisseur
xstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to all

Device: nook touch, nextbook 10" tablet pc windows 8.1
Sending blessings your way! Joan in NJ
xstitchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Wishing you a speedy recovery WT Sharpe. At least you won't run into any homicidal chickens in hospital.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, everyone. I'm getting ready to go now. The doctor told me this morning I should probably be able to sleep in my own bed tonight. The way they were talking last week it was going to be a overnight stay. It's basically just a face lift with a touch of reconstruction. No biggie, but I have no idea how I'll be feeling tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Best wishes and get well soon.

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Best wishes for a quick recovery.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Hope you're in your own bed tonight and on the fast road to recovery, with no speed bumps!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks, everyone. I'm getting ready to go now. The doctor told me this morning I should probably be able to sleep in my own bed tonight. The way they were talking last week it was going to be a overnight stay. It's basically just a face lift with a touch of reconstruction. No biggie, but I have no idea how I'll be feeling tomorrow.

When I talked to your physician, she confided in me that the only reconstructive surgery needed would be on your sideburns.

Seriously: I hope your stay is brief and that you'll be feeling better in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideburn surgery!.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	123177  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Surgery went well and I'm back home. Thanks for all the well-wishes, folks!

Don, where did you get that picture of me?

Seriously, I saw Mr. Sardonicus in the theaters. Trivia: Like many William Castle films, this one had a gimmick. It had two endings, and just before the movie ended, the projectionist stopped the film to allow the audience to vote on which ending to see. Naturally, we all voted to see the ending where things ended badly for smiley boy.

It will probably be a few days before I do any reading.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-20-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...Tomorrow some hired muscle is going to rip my face off....

As I was being prepped for surgery, the surgeon offered a last minute alternative which I accepted, so rather than cutting me across the top of the head and pulling my face down to pull the bone back into place, he made two small incisions in a couple of the wrinkles in my forehead instead and went in that way. It was a much simpler operation, and with a little luck, there'll be no permanent numbness, as there would have been along the scar line had he done the face lift.

So now I have a bit of a headache which will, no doubt, continue for a few days, but some really spiffy drugs to keep it in check. Life is good, and I'll be back for the July nominations.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #13
xstitchfan
Connoisseur
xstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to all

Device: nook touch, nextbook 10" tablet pc windows 8.1
I'm so glad it went well! There is nothing better than recovering in your own bed. Hospitals are no place to sleep with all that noise! I hope you can read some while you are recovering! Joan
xstitchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitchfan View Post
I'm so glad it went well! There is nothing better than recovering in your own bed. Hospitals are no place to sleep with all that noise! I hope you can read some while you are recovering! Joan
Hospitals are where they wake you up to ask you if you need a sleeping pill in order to get to sleep.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #15
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I wish you a speedy recovery WT.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote