Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
jonphilpott
jonphilpott began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Free Epub Bibles

I have created several Epub bibles from the downloadable text from the Unbound Bible website. They can be downloaded from:

http://www.ereaderbibles.com

Edit: I have finally moved these to a real domain with hosting, at http://www.ereaderbibles.com/

I hope you will find this useful.
God bless,
Jon Philpott.

Last edited by jonphilpott; 08-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.
jonphilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Thanks so much! I got my first ebook reader today and went looking for an epub version of the World English Bible to put on it. I'm downloading right now.
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved the thread. This does not belong in the "ePub book uploads" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Gummby
Enthusiast
Gummby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, GEB1150, Treo 680
Just so you know, I loaded both onto my Sony PRS-600. Says "Invalid Page!"
Gummby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
It appears non of these Bibles have a table of contents which makes it hard to find a specific text, other wise they are good if you want to scan around or read straight through.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
jonphilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummby View Post
Just so you know, I loaded both onto my Sony PRS-600. Says "Invalid Page!"

Strange, which files exactly did you load into your PRS-600?I have a PRS-600 and they all work fine. Maybe try and redownload them from:

http://emmental.underthedesk.co.uk/~jon/
Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
jonphilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
It appears non of these Bibles have a table of contents which makes it hard to find a specific text, other wise they are good if you want to scan around or read straight through.
They don't have a ToC page, but they do have a system TOC that works with the E-Reader's built in ToC functionality. Which device are you using?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I opened them up in Calibre's viewer and the TOC button is unavailable - which means they have to TOC. I would have to convert them to .mobi to use on my Kindle, not sure if it makes a TOC in the conversion or not.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
Gummby
Enthusiast

I downloaded the Bible in Basic English & the KJV/Byzantine parallel bible.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
jonphilpott

Quote:
I downloaded the Bible in Basic English & the KJV/Byzantine parallel bible.
Can you try downloading them again? I have those same bibles on my PRS-600 and they are working fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #11
jonphilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I opened them up in Calibre's viewer and the TOC button is unavailable - which means they have to TOC. I would have to convert them to .mobi to use on my Kindle, not sure if it makes a TOC in the conversion or not.
Strange, the TOC definently works on my PRS-600, it also works on O' Reilly's bookworm reader website.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
Gummby
Enthusiast

I didn't use the Sony software, I just loaded them directly on my SD card. Would that make any difference, do you think?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #13
Gummby
Enthusiast

Re-download worked. Looks like I didn't get the full file the first time.

The Greek font is beautiful. What font did you use? Did you embed it?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:22 AM   #14
jonphilpott

Quote:
Re-download worked. Looks like I didn't get the full file the first time.

The Greek font is beautiful. What font did you use? Did you embed it?
My webhosting went over quota, i suspect you may have downloaded a filenamed epub but actually just contained my webhosts quota error message

I'm using the sony default font which is unicode so it has greek characters, unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have hebrew
Old 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #15
Rootman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonphilpott View Post
They don't have a ToC page, but they do have a system TOC that works with the E-Reader's built in ToC functionality. Which device are you using?
I finally got them converted and loaded to my Kindle, they do indeed have an TOC. Somehow the epub TOC is not showing in the Calibre reader.

Thanks!