Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Anraoi
Anraoi began at the beginning.

Device: none
To Kovid and developers - Suggestions

Hi,

I have 3 suggestions:

- Once you click on an author on the left bar, to be able to see "basic information" of him/her (like country, birth and death date, etc.) somewhere. This way we can fill up that info for writers and also we could look for country, etc.
- To be able to "divide" (or not, as an option) between fiction books (novels, poetry...) and non fiction (technicals books, manuals, etc...). I know that you can tag the books, but I would like with this option if you choose "fiction" only to see the fiction authors (novelists...) not ALL the authors.
- When you are updating the metadata there are five options to change between Caps and lower case but there aren't a sixth option: To put ONLY the FIRST letter (of the sentence -title) in capital.

Thanks guys!
Anraoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
1 - See this thread
2 - If you do tag, then you can use the restrictions to have your library displayed how you suggest. (ie only fiction books. or only non-fiction) - (see "restrict to" box next to search)
3 - the last option "Capitalize" does what you want
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Anraoi

Great!

1. So...I'm not the first suggesting this. I'll wait...
2. Can't find it now but I will.
3. I though this option converts ALL in caps. I've never tried it. Sorry.

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anraoi View Post
Great!

3. I though this option converts ALL in caps. I've never tried it. Sorry.

Thanks a lot!!!
All caps would use "Upper case"
The inverse would be "Lower case"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
Anraoi

I'm using Calibre in spanish, maybe the translation confused me.
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Why don't you use Genre? In the manual is very nice instruction, I was able to successfully create subgenres like Science Fiction.Military, Science Fiction.Romance etc whithout understanding much about proccess.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote