Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
wigm
Enthusiast
wigm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, K3, Nook, TouchPad
Sync last page read

I understand that there is no way to sync last page read between Calibre and a Kindle for example.
Is there a way to sync multibple Calibre installations? I run the program on my desktop(Vista) and a laptop(Linux) at home. Is there a file that contains the last page read information? (books or news). If so, I should be able to share that over my lan and transfer back and forth as needed.

Thanks.
wigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
No. Last page read is highly file / format / device / reader software dependent.

That said calibre's ebook viewer will save the last page read within epub files and go directly to that page next time you open it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
wigm
Enthusiast
wigm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, K3, Nook, TouchPad
Thanks, and that's what I would like to do. Using Calibre on both computers, transfering that last page read "memory" between computers. I understand the issue between how Calibre might mark the page and the reading device's way of marking (drm issues asided).
Right now I'm just trying to find a way to go back and forth between two computers using the latest version of Calibre I have (.38).
wigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Search for "dropbox calibre". There are a few guides that will help you do this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote