Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #1411
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I can't download this update, either. From the thousand of file hosts on the internet, you pick the one which doesn't work...

http://dfiles.eu/ works fairly well, if you need one.

http://i41.tinypic.com/21o7ct5.png (just another reason not to like chrome)

Last edited by ManDay; 05-04-2013 at 06:59 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #1412
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Hi Booxtor,

I just wanted to remind you of these issues if you have forgotten about them by any chance:

-Drawn straight vertical or horizontal lines don't get merged properly to the PDF.

-The power management driver for the touchscreen turns off the touch layer for some reason if the pen is held near the screen.

Can you please tell me if these issues can not be corrected so that i don't wait for them.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #1413
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemk View Post
Hmm, maybe I'm a captain obvious, but why not use torrents to publish updates, I guess almost everyone use torrents?
Sorry, not me
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #1414
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
torrents still needs a server somewhere, or a pc always on. I'm using firefox and debian, and I haven't had any problems. At least you should control that firefox is updated to 20. Who use debian stable, has firefox version 10, so he should download the tar form mozilla. mega only supports the latest versions, but it has the ability to verify and check your download.
I'm using Debian stable/squeeze.

I've download the last firefox's version : firefox-20.0.tar.bz2, but I have the following message : "./firefox: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

And if I make : "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/", I have the message : ./firefox: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

For "libstdc++" :
apt-cache policy libstdc++
libstdc++6:
Installé*: 4.4.5-8
Candidat*: 4.4.5-8

If you can help me, thank you !

Last edited by Randy11; 05-04-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #1415
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Randy, you should download the 64-bit version of Firefox, not the 32-bit one.

I agree that torrents is a great idea.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #1416
Randy11
Wizard

The 64 bits is the solution for Firefox.

But, when I tried to download from Mega, I have the message :
"Your browser does not allow data to be written. Please make sure you use default browser settings." ???
Old 05-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #1417
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
I've had the same problem, but I've followed this guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Firefox-in-Debian-Linux
Control the permissions: /opt/firefox should be owned by root, ~/.mozilla should be yours.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #1418
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Randy: for Boox M92 - http://vps.zaytsev.net/~zaytsev/boox...e-20130425.zip .
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1419
Randy11
Wizard

Firefox + MEGA : SOLVED

Thanks Zaytsev for the link and thank Inemi for Firefox and the advice about the library.

But I like to understand, I found this : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/questions/947733

For Firefox go to Edit/Preference/Privacy and and an exception for "third-party cookies" for mega.co.nz and go to "about:config and change dom.storage.enabled to true" !

Thanks a lot for the help :-)

Last edited by Randy11; 05-05-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #1420
Dim-Trij
Dim-Trij began at the beginning.

Device: m92
Hello Boxtor.

Thank you for update. After update I am missing the most useful feature for me

- Universal Manual Settings - to setup all pages of a PDF document

introduced in previous version of firewall. Why it is now available?

Thank you.
Dim-Trij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #1421
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
@Dim TriJ

do you mean by Firewall - Firmware ?
what is the meaning of your last question - "Why it is now available ?"
is it available now refering to the Firmware booxtor already put on Mega beta? despite the fact booxtor explicit said that his margin cut (beta version) feature is not included)

anyhow, it is always available and re-installable with his second PDF-Patch
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #1422
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Is there anyway to install the new update without an SD card?
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #1423
Dim-Trij
Dim-Trij began at the beginning.

Device: m92
Thank you Dolansky.

Unfortunately yes, firewall should have been (of course) firmware...

Universal manual setting isn't available after UPD 2013.04.29.

Sorry, I had no idea that 'margin setting' == 'Universal Manual Settings'
Dim-Trij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #1424
Zab
Zab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi Booxtor

Should I also install your update even if I did not buy my device at "ereader store" but at "www.onyx-boox.com" (in january)?

Thank you very much

ZAB
Zab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #1425
Zab
Zab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Finally I downloaded the update and extracted all the files on my computer. First I was suprised because winrar asked me for a password, as I do not know any password, I clicked "cancel", and then I obtained a lot of folders, it seems like a linux tree diagramm (app, bin, boot, dev, etc...), but all the folders seem empty o_O. What should I do?

Thank you very much

ZAB
Zab is offline   Reply With Quote