Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #76
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I got another $5 off any book over $5 offer today. Expires 4/30.

This is the first time I've gotten the email for it.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:26 AM   #77
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used the coupon to puchase a book for $5.38 (so paid 41¢). However, there was no option to download the epub. This has happened to me before with on-release-day boooks, so I waited to see if the download option would appear.

I called and was told I could only download books if I was using Google Chrome (which is not true). So then the representative refunded my purchase without asking. But he said he didn't see where I had used a coupon even though he agreed I only paid 41¢. He tried to tell me that my Play balance included the $5 but that was wrong as the blanace doesn't even show the 41¢ being credited back yet. Then we were disconnected.

I called back and spoke to another representative who at least grasped that a coupon had been used. But after being on hold for nearly 45 minutes I was told that they could not refeund the coupon, issue a new coupon, or anything else as the coupon had been used. She agreed that it wasn't my fault, but that the terms & conditions said that once a coupon was redeemed that was it.

I asked if I could have the book back then and I would try to download it from my laptop since the guy gave me the refund without even asking me, but was told I would need to pay full price. She also said it was impossible to issue a $5 credit because that was against their terms & conditions.

On top of which neither of the representatives I spoke with had a clue as to how to actually use their bookstore, how to dowload a book, or what ADE even was.

Boo!
Advert
Old 04-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #78
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've had them do the auto refund thing when asking about a problem with a book. Thankfully I hadn't used a credit and just bought it somewhere else. Since then I've been leery of contacting them for anything.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #79
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
If anyone else has the problem of locating the download file of your books:
  1. Go to Books - My Books
  2. Beside the book you should see a More menu (3 dots)
  3. Clicking on that should give you the option of Download EPUB

Hope that helps!
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #80
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

In this particular case, there was no download option.

Usually the three dots give you 4 options: Write a review, Remove from my library, About this book, and Download EPUB. Only the Download EPUB option was not listed.

I should have gone with an Agency priced book I wouldn't normally buy. Getting a $7.99 book for $3 is better than no book. Live and learn.
Advert
Old 05-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #81
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
In this particular case, there was no download option.

Usually the three dots give you 4 options: Write a review, Remove from my library, About this book, and Download EPUB. Only the Download EPUB option was not listed.

I should have gone with an Agency priced book I wouldn't normally buy. Getting a $7.99 book for $3 is better than no book. Live and learn.
What format was the book in? Does it show flowing text under "features" and web, tablet, phone, or eReader under "best for"? You can see that at the bottom of the page when you click on "read more" from the first page. I don't think Google tells you the format.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #82
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
What format was the book in? Does it show flowing text under "features" and web, tablet, phone, or eReader under "best for"? You can see that at the bottom of the page when you click on "read more" from the first page. I don't think Google tells you the format.
I went to look to be sure, and no longer see it listed in the store there. (The book is Raider by Justine Davis).

It had all the same "features" and "Best for" information listed as the most recent books I had successfully downloaded from them before. The representative agreed I should have been able to dowload it. But then told me I could only download books when using the Chrome browser, so obviously that part is untrue.

Not sure of it's no longer for sale there or I'm just not seeing it. I really wish there was a way to sort the results at Google Play other than simply filtering by price or free.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #83
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I went to look to be sure, and no longer see it listed in the store there. (The book is Raider by Justine Davis).
Is this it? Raider by Justine Davis, from Bell Bridge Books. Sometimes if a book becomes unavailable in a region for whatever reason, Google Play will remove the ability to find it via site search (and sometimes from the author page as well, where occasionally I can see geo-restricted titles which I can't actually purchase) and you'd need to already have it on your wishlist/in your library/via someone else's saved link to see it again, until (and if) they put it back, as has happened with a couple of the Kensington freebies.

Anyway, it does look like it should by all rights be downloadable, with nearly the same info (seems to be minus eReader and page count, for some reason) as an older freebie in the series.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-07-2017 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Redundantly removed a redundant word of redundancy.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:21 AM   #84
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Is this it? Raider by Justine Davis, from Bell Bridge Books. Sometimes if a book becomes unavailable in a region for whatever reason, Google Play will remove the ability to find it via site search (and sometimes from the author page as well, where occasionally I can see geo-restricted titles which I can't actually purchase) and you'd need to already have it on your wishlist/in your library/via someone else's saved link to see it again, until (and if) they put it back, as has happened with a couple of the Kensington freebies.

Anyway, it does look like it should by all rights be downloadable, with nearly the same info (seems to be minus eReader and page count, for some reason) as an older freebie in the series.
When I use your link it says this item isn't available in your country.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:25 AM   #85
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
When I use your link it says this item isn't available in your country.
It's not purchaseable in Canada, either, but it was the buy-link from the author's own website. So presumably it's the correct one and for some reason, the book has been removed from sale.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:48 AM   #86
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that's the book. Maybe they had other complaints and pulled it to be fixed. It shows for sale at Kobo still, but since I've no plans to read it immediately I will wait to buy it again. It was sale at Google for $5.18 so when I had the coupon that made it practically free and I could justify sticking it my TBR mountain. But I am trying to behave about buying books I don't plan to read right away this year.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:08 PM   #87
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
So I just got another $5 GP book coupon/credit, but instead of coming directly from GP it comes from them via my cell phone provider (Sprint). So if you have Sprint and get any emails from them watch for a possible credit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #88
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Received a $3 off a $5.01+ book credit on one of my google play accounts. No email, it shows up in the books section. (Off to check more.)
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #89
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I just saw a banner for 75% off any book on Google Play, but when I click on the banner, it says the code I have entered (via the banner click) has expired. What?!

EDIT: Still seeing the 75% off any book banner, despite refreshing the screen. The same redeem code is associated with the banner, so the offer is considered expired. I notified Google Play and I guess they're looking into it.

Last edited by mfm-ca; 06-04-2017 at 02:34 AM.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #90
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Since the 75% off any book issue didn't get resolved, how often does the $5 off any $5+ book coupon show up on Google Play? Based on some searches, it seems it can be site-wide, and at other times random for specific users.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote