Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oh, it doesn't have to stop. Others can put it to good use too! I'm just amused that many people concluded that the guy who had too many choices to decide for himself, needed even more choices to NOT be able to choose from.
And I'm amused that you thought people wouldn't answer after the first. When it comes to giving advice, people are relentless. See, I'm doing it now!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
And I'm amused that you thought people wouldn't answer after the first. When it comes to giving advice, people are relentless. See, I'm doing it now!
lol. Yeah, we should probably add that to the "You know you're on MR when..." thread.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I'm amused that you're amused at my being amused.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #34
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Niven and Pournelle OATH OF FEALTY
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #35
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw-

''We were prepared for an earthquake. We had a flood plan in place. We could even have dealt with zombies. Probably. But no one expected the end to be quite so . . . sticky. Or strawberry scented. Yahtzee Croshaw (Mogworld, The Escapist's Zero Punctuation Reviews (tm)) returns to print with a follow-up to his smash-hit debut: Jam, a dark comedy about the one apocalypse no one predicted.''
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I just finished reading a book that has been in my TBR pile probably for a year: When Women Were Warriors Book I: The Warrior's Path by Catherine Wilson. I found the book to be well-written and the characters very interesting. I gave it a 5-star review. I recommend the book (but be warned that it does include some lesbian scenes), especially as it is free, except with this warning: The story continues in two additional volumes, each of which is $9.99.

I am currently debating whether to spend that money on the next volume. My general rule is not to spend more than $4.99 and I currently have more than 2700 ebooks in my TBR pile so I don't have a lack of ebooks to read. Had the followup volumes been priced at $4.99, I would have bought them immediately; but they aren't and I am leaning toward not buying the next volume even though I greatly enjoyed the first volume.

Anyway, if you are looking for a good fantasy book to read, When Women Were Warriors Book I: The Warrior's Path is a good choice.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stone the breaker of rule 6!!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
This thread will still be alive long after you've finished the book you've chosen.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #39
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Stone the breaker of rule 6!!
I'm kinda amazed we got 35 posts before somebody broke rule 6
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #40
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Since the posts after the first reply don't count, we should let the rule breakers off with just a pebbling.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #41
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
I'm kinda amazed we got 35 posts before somebody broke rule 6
It happened earlier - with the Sapkowski recommendation.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #42
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Since the posts after the first reply don't count, we should let the rule breakers off with just a pebbling.
That's fair. But if we're going to show leniency, I would prefer fish-slapping.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #43
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
It happened earlier - with the Sapkowski recommendation.
I wouldn't say so. "The Last Wish" is a collection of short stories about the Witcher. The series of novels came after.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #44
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Yes, but the past events and persona from both short stories books are both referenced in the latter series. The 1st might be more episodic but are nevertheless prerequisite for understanding of the series.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #45
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Yes, but the past events and persona from both short stories books are both referenced in the latter series. The 1st might be more episodic but are nevertheless prerequisite for understanding of the series.
You can say the same thing about "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings", but I would say that the former is self-contained. The same is true for "The Last Wish". Neither was written as part of a series. It's true that their popularity led to each writer following up with a series, but I don't see a book losing its stand-alone nature just because of that. I can see your point; I'm just saying that I did consider whether it was part of a series before posting, and in my opinion it wasn't, so I wasn't deliberately breaking the rules. It did occur to me, though, that someone would challenge me on it.