Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Kellhus
Kellhus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Three things: Djvu, Tiff, Rtf

All right, I give up. I was all decided and everything, I wanted to buy Pocketbook 360 but after reading that it doesn't read .RTF quite right I'll just take the easy way and ask you for recommendation.

I'm interested in a reader that handles well:
- Djvu
- TIFF
- RTF

All of those (or at least two) have to be displayed properly and with all formating if it's a RTF.

I've considered Pocketbook 360 but someone said that it doesn't read formatted RTF's well. Before PB I've had Bebook on my mind but everyone claim PB's software is better.

So, if you could give me some advice, please...
Kellhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
do you have one in mind that you could send to me or post up here? i could then get some screen shots of it for you.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
All right, I give up. I was all decided and everything, I wanted to buy Pocketbook 360 but after reading that it doesn't read .RTF quite right I'll just take the easy way and ask you for recommendation.

I'm interested in a reader that handles well:
- Djvu
- TIFF
- RTF

All of those (or at least two) have to be displayed properly and with all formating if it's a RTF.

I've considered Pocketbook 360 but someone said that it doesn't read formatted RTF's well. Before PB I've had Bebook on my mind but everyone claim PB's software is better.

So, if you could give me some advice, please...
I believe the only one that will suit you is the Hanlin V3, aka Bebook and Astak EZ Reader. Read about them in our wiki. Once you get it you can follow the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62273

To update the firmware with a fantastic DJVU reader that will let you do anything you want with it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote