Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm sorry... the title of this topic is out of line. Sony is NOT a SCAM. If you were denied credit then that was the bank... not Sony. If you purchase was not approved then that was the bank not Sony. Did you perhaps make a phone call or send an email to the credit card company to see why the charge was denied.

Please stop spreading FUD.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
We have Sony laptops at work beacuse "they look nice". Mostly, thankfully, they're reliable because I loathe their customer support - it used to be OK, then they farmed it out to another company, and it's dire.

Not as dire as I've known HP to be - have I said about being asked what happens if I turned a server on - after telling the chap that the server concerned was full of water?
I stopped buying Sony computers when someone at their "customer support" informed me that because I had hooked up my printer by myself, I had voided my warranty (wtf??). Yep ... shame on me, hooking that serial cable up to the serial port by myself ... what WAS I thinking??

That was a long time ago. I still bought Sony TVs and monitors for a while after that, but customer service was so awful on those items that I've started looking elsewhere for those products as well.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #18
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Gonna have ta agree w/ Pilot Bob on this...
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #19
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
Gonna have ta agree w/ Pilot Bob on this...
Ah, admit it ... you're just agreeing with PB because he's smart and cute.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:35 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm sorry... the title of this topic is out of line. Sony is NOT a SCAM. If you were denied credit then that was the bank... not Sony. If you purchase was not approved then that was the bank not Sony. Did you perhaps make a phone call or send an email to the credit card company to see why the charge was denied.

Please stop spreading FUD.

BOb
I completely agree with you, Bob. I entirely fail to see how this can be blamed on Sony. It is Chase who declined the credit, not Sony.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 AM   #21
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Maybe he thought it was distilled water
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #22
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Maybe he thought it was distilled water
Brilliant
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #23
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Yes, yes. Read the numerous reviews on this site of alllllll the unhappy Sony owners. Pffft.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #24
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Yes, but if the Chase card has a credit limit then disallowing a particular purchase within that limit is unusual. Reasons for disallowing a transaction that have nothing to do with credit are things like mismatched name, or wrong CC number, or mismatched address.
Actually, I have problems with my Chase Visa card all the time. I've had this card for years, but they seem to treat online purchases extremely suspiciously. Anytime I place an online order for anything more than a trivial amount, they seem to automatically deny the charge until I call them up and tell them that it was authorized. I don't know if Chase has been hit by a lot of online credit card fraud, or if it's just a paranoid policy, but this happens to me a lot. I tend to try and avoid using my Chase card online if I can help it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #25
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ah, admit it ... you're just agreeing with PB because he's smart and cute.

It's because I am afraid of his flaming prowess.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #26
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Actually, I have problems with my Chase Visa card all the time. I've had this card for years, but they seem to treat online purchases extremely suspiciously. Anytime I place an online order for anything more than a trivial amount, they seem to automatically deny the charge until I call them up and tell them that it was authorized. I don't know if Chase has been hit by a lot of online credit card fraud, or if it's just a paranoid policy, but this happens to me a lot. I tend to try and avoid using my Chase card online if I can help it.
I don't have Chase, but I know this about my current (and soon to be ex credit card), they use to call me after a big purchase to confirm I had actually made it. I didn't mind this at all. Last summer though, I pretty much had it when they denied my credit card and locked the account when I tried to buy a laptop in the store. It took me two calls to to them to get it sorted out. They claim it was for "my protection" because I usually didn't put $2000 purchases on my card (Well Duh... who does?). They claimed I could have called them and got it sorted out, even though it almost always takes 10 minutes to get a live voice on the phone. It was all very annoying and embarrassing. Fortunately, I had the money in my checking account (I never buy what I can't pay off at the end of the month).

But in any case, in situations like this, I am far, far more likely to blame the credit card company than I would be Sony.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #27
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Well, yes .... there is that too.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, yes .... there is that too.
I don't think I flame people. But, sometimes I do try to keep it real. There are no absolutes in most things.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #29
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't think I flame people. But, sometimes I do try to keep it real. There are no absolutes in most things.

BOb
We are teasing, Bob .... you should know that.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #30
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I wonder why Boyodublin is not posting any replies... nothing to say?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote