Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
An Address Book

I just realized that my Sony Reader will make a handy address book.
This has probably been thought of before but doing a quick search I did not find any recent threads,

Creating an HTML file with the names, addresses, etc. and inserting bookmarks and hyperlinks and then running the file through libprs500 produced a nice Address Book with all the names in the Table of Contents.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
I just realized that my Sony Reader will make a handy address book.
This has probably been thought of before but doing a quick search I did not find any recent threads,

Creating an HTML file with the names, addresses, etc. and inserting bookmarks and hyperlinks and then running the file through libprs500 produced a nice Address Book with all the names in the Table of Contents.
An interesting idea. But, I've got a cellphone for that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
That is a cool idea but ol boy is right, for most people it's not practical cause of the cell phone. Much the same way the built in mp3 player is useless to most people.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, my cell phone has name and phone number but no room for anything else. I probably have an old cell phone.
My Sony 505 address book has name, address, phone number, email, birthday, anniversary, and sometimes additional info.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader
I think that this sounds like a good solution for someone with a vary simple phone, but I have a treo on which I run outlook and have all of this info including pictures of my contacts.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, it's been thought of already. See here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=address+book

so it's a case of great minds thinking alike and a useful reminder that the reader is useful for more than novels.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #7
joewandy
Enthusiast
joewandy began at the beginning.

Apart from sudoku (seen 1 thread down), does anyone have any idea about useful/interesting apps or games that are suitable for the Sony Reader? So far I can only think of chess ...
joewandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Yes, it's been thought of already. See here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=address+book

so it's a case of great minds thinking alike and a useful reminder that the reader is useful for more than novels.
To quote Laurel & Hardy, “Two minds with but a single thought.”

As an outgrowth of the Address Book idea, how about a Date Book?
I haven’t done it yet but it should be simple enough. 12 months in the TOC which will jump you to pages that list all the dates you want to remember; birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, tax payments, insurance payments, and every date you must not forget.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewandy View Post
Apart from sudoku (seen 1 thread down), does anyone have any idea about useful/interesting apps or games that are suitable for the Sony Reader? So far I can only think of chess ...
Well, I'm wondering if there's yet enough information to implement a file copier and/or a file deleter via the auto-load javascript method?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote