Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
goesta
goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!goesta , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Talking Glad to meet you - Greetings from Berlin

Hi/Hallo,

allow me to introduce myself: I'm Goesta, 45 years old, a theatre director / scenographer and amateur video maker living in Berlin, Germany. About a decade ago I was a professional computer animator for TV and Film, but eventually gave that up to work in a more analogue and - to me - more "human" environment. While born in Germany, I spent more than half my life growing up and living in Canada, so that I consider my first language to be English.

Ich heisse Goesta, bin in Deutschland geboren aber habe 27 Jahre in Kanada gelebt und auch dort studiert. Früher arbeitete ich in der Film- & Fernsehindustrie im Bereich digitale Effekte & Trickfilm, aber heutzutage bin ich Theaterregisseur und bildender Künstler und interessiere mich ausserdem für no-budget digitale Videoproduktion.

I'm thrilled to have found mobileread, shortly after purchasing my first ereader - a Kobo Glo, for the simple reason that it was available shortly before I went on a cruise a few weeks ago, while the Kindle Paperwhite was backordered for months. Currently I am also using Calibre to manage my reading library.

Ich besitze seit einigen Wochen ein(en) Kobo Glo, da bevor ich Anfang Januar auf Reisen ging der Kindlewhite nicht kurzfristig zu bestellen war. Ob das im Nachhinein die richtige Entscheidung war steht noch aus. Meine eBibliothek verwalte ich auf Calibre. Ich lese am liebsten auf Englisch, ausser natürlich bei Texten, die im Original auf Deutsch erschienen sind.
goesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi goesta and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and visit our German language forum.

Hallo Gösta und herzlich willkommen auf MobileRead. Seien Sie sicher und besuchen Sie unsere deutsche Sprache Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote