Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Question Save to Disk/Connect to Folder and Sony

Would it be possible to use the Save to Disk or Connect to Folder feature to write files to a SD card which I then put in a Sony 650? Will Calibre create the right collections? If not, will it then create the collections if I connect the Sony to Calibre afterwards?

The reason I'm asking is because my internal SD card reader is much faster than my Sony Reader as SD card reader... So, if I could put the books on my SD card using my internal reader and then (maybe) connecting the Sony to Calibre for the collections, it would save a lot of time!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As far as I know Calibre will transfer books fine, but getting Collections set up requires the Sony to be attached.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Apologies for the late response. I have been away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Would it be possible to use the Save to Disk or Connect to Folder feature to write files to a SD card which I then put in a Sony 650?
Yes, but be sure to put them in the same folder hierarchy that the sony driver uses (database/media/books). You must connect to the root folder and add database/media/books to the save path, or the metadata.calibre file won't be where the sony driver expects it (the root of the card).
Quote:
Will Calibre create the right collections?
No. It also won't create the Sony DB entries, but the sony will do that when you disconnect. It remains to be seen whether the second scan by the Sony slows down the disconnect to the point where using connect to folder helps performance.
Quote:
If not, will it then create the collections if I connect the Sony to Calibre afterwards?
Yes, if metadata management is set to automatic.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote