Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
lost collections while in calibre

HI guys,
lost my collections while I was transferring a book in calibre
well are 3-4 hour of work not a tragedy, but still if there is some tip as a sony automatic back up I would be glad to spare some time.
Calibre does not recognize my metadata of the book anymore( no collection appear)
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've never had a problem with Calibre doing anything I didn't want it to do with my books either in the Calibre library or on my reader.

Did you possibly have the Sony reader software running at the same time? I've read of a few instances where that can cause conflicts (I never use the Sony reader software unless I'm buying a book from the Sony store, and then the program is immediately and fully exited after the purchase and Calibre is never running at the same time).

Edit: I don't have the T-2, but I know for my 350s, the metadata automatically uploads from Calibre to my readers everytime I connect them (through a setting Preferences, Import/Export, Sending Books to Devices, Metadata management at the top set to Automatic Management). But even if yours is set to manual, I would think on send the metadata would then be resent to your ereader and corrected.

Unless you're saying that within your Calibre library, all collections and tags were removed there?

Last edited by Ripplinger; 10-08-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I've never had a problem with Calibre doing anything I didn't want it to do with my books either in the Calibre library or on my reader.

Did you possibly have the Sony reader software running at the same time? I've read of a few instances where that can cause conflicts (I never use the Sony reader software unless I'm buying a book from the Sony store, and then the program is immediately and fully exited after the purchase and Calibre is never running at the same time).

Edit: I don't have the T-2, but I know for my 350s, the metadata automatically uploads from Calibre to my readers everytime I connect them (through a setting Preferences, Import/Export, Sending Books to Devices, Metadata management at the top set to Automatic Management). But even if yours is set to manual, I would think on send the metadata would then be resent to your ereader and corrected.

Unless you're saying that within your Calibre library, all collections and tags were removed there?
well collections do not appear anymore, I use a calibre version from the office, as I cannot install apps there. cannot find any metadata

maybe should write in the calibre forum
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote