Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
eastbayarb
eastbayarb began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Saving web pages/wikipedia to kindle?

Is there a way to save web pages or wikipedia pages to the kindle for offline viewing?
eastbayarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I don't think there is any way to do it directly on the Kindle. The only way I can think to do it would be to save the HTML pages on a computer and then use the Mobipocket Creator to make the HTML into a book.

And .... that's probably not what you were hoping for ... right??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I've been thinking of the same thing, specifically so I can save free online web magazines in html format onto my Sony Reader. It can be done one page at a time, but that's kind of a hassle if there's a lot of pages: I know Plucker can do this kind of thing for Palm handhelds, but it would be interesting to know if there was any suitable software that could carry out the same task, but export to e-ink devices.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For the 500/505, use Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I use Calibre already. Can it convert a batch of weblinks into an ebook?
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
MNF
Developer
MNF began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDX
convert a batch of weblinks into an ebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygibsonsf View Post
I use Calibre already. Can it convert a batch of weblinks into an ebook?
I've used instapaper and was able to setup set of articles as a newsgroup entry in Calibre http://www.evilgeniuschronicles.org/...per-documents/
It wasn't very convenient for me, but it could be just what you want.
MNF is offline   Reply With Quote