Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Well, the 20th came and went without my replacement arriving. Maybe tomorrow!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #17
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
Well, the 20th came and went without my replacement arriving. Maybe tomorrow!
Just confirmed that it's been shipped. Trying to find out why the delay, that should not have taken that long. Sorry Jan, the tracking number should be in your inbox.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've had a similar problem with DirecTV this past week. My remote control died the same time as my Kobo. I can manually change channels at the receiver, but the larger range of functions requires the remote. They FedEx'ed me a new remote...but to the wrong address (609 instead of 601). I'm still waiting for that item, too.

With both my ereading device and television effectively curtailed, I've made some interesting discoveries, though. Apparently, I live with a woman! Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember getting married a long time ago. Now if I could only remember why....
Old 09-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Hey Strnad, hope she doesn't read this forum!
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
J. Strnad
Guru

Well, it doesn't matter now. My TV remote arrived yesterday so we can ignore each other again.

No Kobo today. Hope it arrives tomorrow! Last shipping day before the weekend.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
canmom
canmom began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Same broken screen on mine

Just wanted to say that I just got my third Kobo today after sending it back on Tuesday of this week because of the exact problem - blank square in the corner of the screen which actually started growing up the page. My first Kobo had a completely blank screen when it was sent back.
If I did not love my KOBO so much I would not have bothered sending it back the second time. But this will be the last one I do if something happens to it.
canmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
J. Strnad
Guru

No Kobo today, sadly.

I actually went shopping for another ereader today after work. Saw the Kindle 3, the Sonys, the nook. None of them did anything for me after using the Kobo. Too much clutter that I found distracting.

It's been ten days now, though, and I'm wondering what the problem is.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #23
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
No Kobo today, sadly.

I actually went shopping for another ereader today after work. Saw the Kindle 3, the Sonys, the nook. None of them did anything for me after using the Kobo. Too much clutter that I found distracting.

It's been ten days now, though, and I'm wondering what the problem is.
Hi J. Strnad, take a look at the tracking number we sent you a couple of days ago. You can determine exactly where your shipment is through the Fedex.com website.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I understand the feeling. Even the 2 day of Paris to Paris post where too long without my gen3

Newt time my reader need some bookeen's love, i'll bring it myself. Will be faster ! (It about 1/2 hour from my work).
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #25
J. Strnad
Guru

Alicia had emailed that they were shipping it on 9/21 with delivery in 2-3 days, which is why I was hoping for delivery by Friday 9/24. However, FedEx is saying they only just picked it up in Buffalo on 9/24. So, was it in transit from Canada to New York for three days? (Doesn't matter...rhetorical question.)

According to the tracking info, it left Buffalo NY yesterday (9/24) and is now in Grove City, OH. Delivery is estimated to be on the 30th. Five days from Ohio to California? I guess that explains FedEx's new slogan: "Somewhat faster than giving your package to a hobo!"

Anyway, the only problem is that I go on vacation starting...the 30th. So either it shows up a day ahead of FedEx's estimate or I'm hosed for using it on vacation. Hence, the feeling that I should get something else before then, and if I'm doing that, I might as well spread my bets and buy "that other" format.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #26
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Having bought stuff from the US to ship to Canada, my experience is that it can sit in customs for a while.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #27
J. Strnad
Guru

Hey, don't get me started on geographical borders, arbitrary lines that cause more chaos and human misery than anything else I can think of. One minute you're hiking and laughing with your friends, and the next minute you're in an Iranian prison because you crossed one of these invisible lines. One day you're farming in peace and the next you're overrun by soldiers because somebody thinks the linvisible line should be "there" instead of "here."

And sometimes, your ereader sits around while some clerk tries to figure out if the paperwork is in place to move it across that invisible line.

All in all, having a non-medical package delayed is an inconvenience at worst. The timing is bad, but I'm not in a foreign prison and nobody's actively shooting at me, so I can't really complain.

I just thank God my TV remote arrived so that I can properly enjoy Sharktopus this afternoon.

Last edited by J. Strnad; 09-27-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: To add: Sharktopus was great! Lowered my IQ by 20 points!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #28
J. Strnad
Guru

Aargh.

My FedEx tracking number is now coming up "invalid." Who knows where my replacement Kobo is?

Guys: Next time, just give the package to somebody headed south and west. Eventually, they'll run into California.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #29
J. Strnad
Guru

Okay, we're getting there. My FedEx tracking number is working now and I see that my replacement Kobo is now in my state. It should arrive at my office tomorrow...the first day of my vacation. As Maxwell Smart used to say, "Missed by that much."

Thanks to Sameer for the help getting this far!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #30
J. Strnad
Guru

Okay, for those who have loyally followed this thread to this point: According to FedEx, my replacement Kobo arrived at my office today.