Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
How robust is Jinke?

Hi,

I am interested in an eink too and since Sony is delayed and delayed, and Iliad is way too expensive and slightly too big for my needs, I am taking a close look at Jinke. The one big question I have is how reliable is it?

I had 2 Nokias die the stripe screen of death on me in 3 months of (heavy) use, and while the first one I had it replaced in store the next day, the second time they did not have them available temporarily close to me and I did not want to drive to a Queens store to get it replaced since I could use the Ebookwise and my sister in law Nokia too, so CompUSA shipped one in a week or so (I have the 2 yr replacement plan + warranty).

The one big advantage of SonyReader is that like CompUSA, I have a Sony store and 3 Borders stores within 20 minutes of my house leaving the ones in NYC aside.

I do not mind ordering stuff from anywhere in the world (leaving aside books/toys that I order routinely from anywhere, the 2 1 Gb cards I have for the Nokias came from HongKong and Singapore), but I hesitate to order a Jinke because I do not know how reliable is under heavy use (this one would get used daily by my wife who finds the Nokia too small and bright, but likes the eink size/display).

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote