Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
PW Japan version was not allowed, I tried last night. By the way, will US Amazon honor warranty for PW Japan version?
I suspect not. Unlike the other national Amazon stores, which are all linked with Amazon US, Amazon JP operates as a completely independent company. But that's pure speculation on my part, of course - best thing to do is ask Kindle CS.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #47
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect not. Unlike the other national Amazon stores, which are all linked with Amazon US, Amazon JP operates as a completely independent company. But that's pure speculation on my part, of course - best thing to do is ask Kindle CS.
I got an email from Amazon US. You are right, each Amazon operates independently. I also inquired about international warranty, Amazon US wants me to ask Amazon JP. Funny, my friend told me the paper in Japanese version listed Amazon US as one of warranty fulfillment locations. (He threw away the paper, so I can't get a scan from him.) Anyway, I asked my friend to give me his after he uses it for a while, because electronic toys usually break within first few months of use. I am curious: if I needed a replacement, will I get a Japan or US version?
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #48
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
The flyer I got from Joshin only lists Amazon Japan. I'll attach it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan001.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	101522   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan002.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	101523  
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #49
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkledorf View Post
The flyer I got from Joshin only lists Amazon Japan. I'll attach it here.
Thank you. According to the paper, Amazon Japan is responsible for warranty. My friend must misunderstand it.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #50
frodex
frodex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello

I tried to register on amazon.jp but it asks an Japan address. How can I use an international address?
Does anyone knows an redirect service on Japan? I´m from Brazil and would like to buy an Kindle PW wifi only because in my country it costs US$243,00

Best regards

Frodex
frodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #51
frodex
frodex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello

I just found out how to have an japanese address. Sorry for the newbie question above.
Does anyone here already used the jshoppers service?

Regards

Frodex
frodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #52
ScuttleSE
ScuttleSE began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
What retailers in Tokyo have the Paperwhite? Going there soon and I thought I'd take the opportunity to pick one up.
ScuttleSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #53
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
People have had success at the electronics stores like Joshin and Bic Camera. Just don't expect them at Yamada Denki, Edion, or Yodobashi Camera since they're having a pissing contest with Amazon and refuse to stock Kindles (next up: slappy fight!).
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote