Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
csskkai
Enthusiast
csskkai began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
Smile I just bought it. Format?

I was wondering if there is a difference between .lrf and .epub and which format is better for my PRS-505. I just got it a week ago, so I'm not very familiar with anything.
Thank You!
csskkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They are completely different formats, but the Sony supports them both. Neither is particularly "better" in terms of the reading experience.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I think you'll be happy with either Sony LRF/LRX or with epub.
As I have both types on my reader, I slightly prefer epub over Sony's native LRF/LRX format but its a close call.
LRX is only available from Sony's store but epub is available from ebook stores around the world.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
From my experience the zoom and page turns too are faster when using ePub on the sony.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.epub, .lrf, 505, format