Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-29-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
I've got my first pop up window not blocked by Firefox

I guess it was a matter of time.
I entered knockoutgames.com and a popup window appeared. I found this one particularly annoying, as it simulates an SPII security window. Couldn't M$ sue them?
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
We need to stop suing people (and halt suggesting it), and start pounding some common sense into companies and individuals...

Our legal system (broken and bruised as it is), is already overloaded with cases. Let's not clog it further with frivolous lawsuits.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
It's not a frivolous lawsuit when companies (or individuals) bypass the security we enact against them. It's somewhat romantic for some people to think that everyone who is a reverse-engineering student should be allowed to bypass and co-opt everything they can get their hands on, but not everyone wants these "services" that are being offered. As consumers, we are making various decisions and when we decide that we don't want pop-ups (for instance) our decision to enact security against should be respected. When it isn't, the law should be enforced, and let the common-sense pounding (via judgements and fines) commence.

On Topic: I use Safari (with the "Pop-Up Blocker" on) and, while I don't get new browser window pop-ups, I get those Java-script (or whatever) pop-ups and also pop-unders (which are apparently not covered by the "Pop-up Blocker" but should be.)
POL9A

Last edited by Pride Of Lions; 04-30-2005 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Correct spellings.
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:22 AM   #4
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Well, I wasn't serious about the M$ lawsuit for one thing: I don't care about M$ property. There are people getting rich by taking care of that, and I'm not one of them.
Still, I believe that the company that produced such a deceiving ad should be sued, finned, penalised, or whatever.
Btw, knockoutgames is not showing that popup window anymore. I wanted to grab it and show it to you, guys.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote