Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #31
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I've found one helpful change. I use a Verso Prologue. With that cover you have to turn the Kindle off manually. With the old FW the light stays on for several minutes after you shut off the PW. The update turns off the light and the Kindle both when you use the on/off button to shut it off.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #32
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just updated. No problems (as usual), but no obvious changes. Still, I always think it's a good idea to update as a matter of principle - there are almost certainly bug fixes.
After you updated, the jailbreak was kept? And you only had to reinstall the hacks?
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't use any jailbreak or hacks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
After you updated, the jailbreak was kept? And you only had to reinstall the hacks?
Yes, the jailbreak was kept, i only had to reinstall the screensaver hack.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #35
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
Yes, the jailbreak was kept, i only had to reinstall the screensaver hack.
Thanks
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #36
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Guess I'll give it a go today or tomorrow. I'm always paranoid about my screensaver hack!
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Updated with no problem.

I wish they'd give a clue what they updated, not that I'd understand the technobabble.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I think there's a change in how the books are sorted on the Home screen. A particular author's books are now sorted alphabetically, and I don't think they were before. Perhaps others can confirm this. Maybe in the process, they fixed a bug that I'd noticed before where books disappeared from the Home screen and couldn't be "found" until you'd plugged the Kindle back into the computer with Calibre running.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #39
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I think there's a change in how the books are sorted on the Home screen. A particular author's books are now sorted alphabetically, and I don't think they were before. Perhaps others can confirm this. Maybe in the process, they fixed a bug that I'd noticed before where books disappeared from the Home screen and couldn't be "found" until you'd plugged the Kindle back into the computer with Calibre running.

Jim
True, that's how it looks on my PW now as well
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #40
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post

Jim
Does this have any effect on the way in which a numbered series by an author is displayed?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #41
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
I have noticed that, with the new update, on the home screen if you touch on the "Books" tab, you now have access to choices of All Items, Books, Periodicals, Docs and Active Content.

If I remember correctly, you only only had "All Item, Books and Docs as choices before this update.
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #42
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The "low memory" bug on reading pdf seems to be solved by this new firmware, eventually.

Last edited by bthoven; 03-18-2013 at 02:52 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #43
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph R View Post
I have noticed that, with the new update, on the home screen if you touch on the "Books" tab, you now have access to choices of All Items, Books, Periodicals, Docs and Active Content.

If I remember correctly, you only only had "All Item, Books and Docs as choices before this update.

The "all items, books, periodicals, docs, active content" choice was already there on 5.3.3 so that's not new.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #44
r080
r080 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I noticed one small change. If you want to change font size using pinch gesture it displays popup with these Aa's sorted by size (the same as in settings).
r080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by r080 View Post
I noticed one small change. If you want to change font size using pinch gesture it displays popup with these Aa's sorted by size (the same as in settings).
That's not a change - the "Aa" popup has always been displayed on the PW if you pinch to zoom in or out.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote