Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
M92: "busy" indicator (a proposal)

Hi,
while using the device, I noticed that, in many situations, the device needs a significant amount of time to perform "requested" actions.
The problem is that, usually, the user is not "informed" in any way that the device is doing something (I "click" something and then I do not know if my "request" was accepted and the device is "processing" it or not).

So, I'd like to propose the following.

Each time the device "reads" (or "writes") something from (to) any file, either from the "Internal Storage" or from the "SD Card" or from any "system directories" (e.g. when it loads and starts an additional utility and/or library), the "blue LED", which resides right below the "joystick", should light up / blink.
This would serve as a general purpose "disk used" indicator (and then the user immediately sees that there's something happening).

Best regards,
Pepe.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-27-2012 at 08:44 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Or, the spining wheel may be used.

I would suggest to display it always when longer waiting time may be expected.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Or, the spining wheel may be used.

I would suggest to display it always when longer waiting time may be expected.
Good suggestion.. Thanks! Added to my task list
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I think the LED is a good idea, and that is what is done on the PocketBook Pro devices. I wanted to point out that some people complained about this feature because it ate up some battery power (probably shortening the time between charges from 30 to 29.5 days). I guess the spinning wheel would produce the same complaint. I find it amusing that it is hard to make an improvement without someone seeing it as a step backwards, no matter how good the idea.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote